AMC: Wednesday's Follies

• Members

EXACTLY!!!!

What Greenlee and Ryan did doesn't even begin to compare to this.

Jonathan's brain tumor was a convenient excuse, but at least he wasn't in his right mind when he committed murder.

Tad didn't plan to kill Greg Madden.

Zach, on the other hand, planned to kill this unborn child and in the process most likely destroyed several more embryos that were wanted.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just an observation....

You know, when Zach actually made this blackout happen back in 2005 - I didn't hear anybody complaining about how horrible an action this is and how he should be thrown in jail (I only use this message board though). But now that Greenlee is back and they are bringing up the blackout all over again, we are now realizing just what Zach did. I'm just pointing this out, bc I find it pretty interesting that it is creating so much buzz around here now in 2007. Back then, I really didn't even think of the fact that Zach, as Steve put it, "planned to kill this unborn child and in the process most likely destroyed several more embryos that were wanted".

Was Zach's actions analyzed to this degree on other message boards back in '05?

• Members

^ WORD :)

Zach ONLY shut down the generator that held Ryan's "samples" (*gag*) and Greenlee's eggs.

Cause Madden himself said only two generators went down, but the backup generator was working or something like that.

I'm sorry but Greenlee IS a criminal, spin it anyway people want, but what she did to those sperm samples is just as bad, that's a FEDERAL OFFENSE

• Members

I wasn't posting here back then but there were PLENTY of us that thought that whoever it was that caused the BO should pay for it.

Sadly, a lot of other boards thought that the issue was too hot to deal with and they kept deleting the threads.

No one wanted to hear, "Zach is a baby killer."

• Members

Taking my post from another board:

I can't get behind Greenlee here because she's making it all about losing Ryan. I don't feel her outrage over having wanted an actual baby to love - for her...and having had that chance taken away. Which actually makes sense since I always felt she wanted the baby, while Ryan was alive and "dead" more as as a monument to winning Ryan and Rylee than because she ached for a baby. As a woman it would be more identifiable to me if she actually couldn't have babies and if it was more a baby thing and less a "Ryan's baby" thing in relation to her acting out. I feel she's going after Zach because of the life she has now, a life that she chose to have. Zach didn't make Ryan get a vasectomy and fake his death and he didn't make Greenlee leave Ryan and town for almost 2 years. Kendall did something really stupid but really generous/big-hearted because she didn't have all the facts. Zach did something really stupid because he had all the facts. It's not Zach or Kendall's fault that Greenlee doesn't have Ryan or Ryan's baby, both of them did stupid things but the fact that R/G didn't continue their relationship and have a baby is between Ryan and Greenlee. Ryan was alive and offered to reverse his vasectomy for her. Greenlee can and could still have children - her only problem is she can't carry them.

You know who I'd get behind here, any other woman that was effected by the blackout, and who really had a dead husband and not just a husband who was avoiding his wife having his child against his will by acting dead (or a couple who really went "dry" after the fact). Or a woman who is not just acting out of jealousy and pettiness for not having the life she chose to walk away from. Madden was Donor #1 so I'm not particuarly sure that Zach did anything that wasn't already being done to poor women and couples, and I've never read it as the entire clinic supply being destroyed - I believe 2 canisters were mentioned as having had problems.

I was shocked that Ryan actually brought up some of these points, without mentioning his part in anything, on today's episode (Thursday).

• Members

I can't believe I'm typing this, but... W-W-W-WORD (blushes and hides behind chair).

And let's not forget that Greenlee can't carry a child because of HER OWN actions -- getting artificially inseminated ON DAVID'S COUCH!! :blink::blink: WTF?!

Because of that horrible decision, her body rejected the pregnancy and made her uterus an inhospitable environment. If she had just gone about going against Ryan's wishes (because, no matter how much I dislike Ryan, that's what she did) through the appropriate channels, the likelihood of her having a botched insemination and subsequent miscarriage would've been very small.

But because Greenlee was so hot to trot to get pregnant with RYAN'S baby and USE the baby as an OBJECT to get Ryan's love, she made the ignorant decision that cost her much more than she bargained for -- and that was WAY before Zach ever came into the picture.

• Members

Yeah, I remember Greenlee's ok and your done insemination on David's couch. I was like :huh:

I can see Greenlee's side..... but she needs to realize Zach wasn't doing it to HURT her. He was doing it to protect his wife. IMO its the best and smartest thing he ever did. Kendall carrying Ryan and Greenlee's child (while I love her for being so selfless) was obviously a mistake.

• Members

I know myself and a lot of other people don't necesarily consider "cells" kids. They have the potential to be, but Greenlee is assuming that her eggs would have been viable and successfully implanted. Life does't begin at a conception; especially not a convoluted one as Greenlee attempted.

Archived