SOD: June19, 2007 Issue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I need some help understanding the budget issue. So soap actors are all paid on a per-episode basis? So is it possible Drake and Deidre were literally not being paid (or being paid a whole lot less) for the last four or so months?

• Members

Hogan's comments make total sense. This is what most everyone here suspected was happening. He was firing on all cylinders last fall. Things went to hell in January. It was obvious that he had a great understanding of John and Marlena by their adventure to Italy. That whole storyline was amazing. All of a sudden, the show completely shifted gears and turned into something unrecognizable. I'm not at all surprised that it was budget issues and that Sheffer had to write with one hand tied behind his back.

I'm relieved that the problem is 'resolved'. It's obvious that Hogan is able to write freely again. What we're seeing now is greatness, and it's on par with the greatness we saw before. Go Hogan!!

• Members

I agree with this completely. Sami and EJ are obviously his favorites, which is fine.

Whatever the case, we still have an influx of newbies (Jett, Stephanie, Jeremy) and relative ones, like Nick. Since we're all looking forward to the future-- I hope he doesn't shove them down our throats and lets balance take its course.

• Members

No.

Soap "superstar" actors have.....

(a) A guaranteed amount they are paid weekly, whether they appear on the show or not

(B) A much larger additional sum they receive for each "taping" day they complete.

Drake and Deidre were paid their "guaranteed amount" each week, but missed out on "taping pay" (which is like 7 times higher).

By not using them, the show cuts the budget.

Archived