GH: Tamara Braun and Kari Wuhrer

• Members

From claire14 @ SC. Link

Kari Wuhrer on Leaving GH

She says it's really hard to leave, the death scene ( Eeeee) was the hardest thing she's done on GH - it was like going through divorce.

Goes on to Quote all her comments about being given the tracking report and exactly what it said Plus this - I don't remember this -- was this in SOW ? " By all indications things were great. And to be told I wasn't sexy is a baffling statement considering I've built my career on it for 20 years. If that's their basis for firing me, it's a little insulting".

SOD Talks about how they heard she may sue ABC - Kari says " I can't say anything about that right now. I'm giving them the opportunity to do the right thing" -- she goes on to say she has an obligation to herself and to " all the women that work on the show". She says it sucks what happened especially while she's pregnant. Says the show took away her livelihood.

General Hospital says they are not aware of a lawsuit.

Kari goes on to praise the cast and crew and says she would love to work on another soap

Tamara on Alicia Leaving

Tamara says she is supportive of Alicia leaving " Alicia is a dear friend of mine and I'm there for her in whatever sense she needs me, as she is for me. Thats' what you do for the people you love"

She says that Alicia came to the Freddy Taping and she was thinking how great Alicia would be on a sutcome " she's goofy and hilarious" - Tams says she's is jealous of Alicia's talent and she's going to do so great.

She goes on to mention Laura Wright " I do wish Laura all the luck in the world, because Carly's an incredible character and anybody who gets to play her is fortunate".

• Members

It wouldn't be unheard of. Didn't Hunter Tylo sue the producers and/or writers or FOX after she was fired from Melrose Place? I remember watching something on "E" where she was hired to play an important character but when they show found out she was pregnant they terminated her. Turns out she didn't even show during her pregnancy. I hope she does sue ABC. They deserve it.

• Members

If she was fired because she was pregnant, Kari does have a case; however, she's seems so overwhelmingly full of herself. No one is guaranteed employment. She rubs me the wrong way, but the GH brass are a-holes.

If she does sue, I hope the other actress' join in. Their trstimonies could strengthen what I perceive to be a weak case on Kari's stance alone.

• Members

I agree Queen Stephanie. She's not my favorite person, but I still think it's wrong. I also think that Kari was a great find (like so many others) that GH wasted.

I wish more people who speak out against GH, it's truly disgusting what happens to these women. Imagine getting fired for being PREGNANT! That's INSANE! It's a shame that in 2005 there is still a lot of descrimination in the entertainment business, especially with soaps.

Riechen from The Amazing Race often mentions how he's auditioned for soaps and they LOVE him, but won't hire him because he's openly gay. Not because he's not a credible actor, but simply because he's gay and the women watching the show wouldn't believe him in a straight role. Then you have the ethnic minorities who aren't well represented by all the soaps. Ugh! Very annoying.

• Members
It wouldn't be unheard of. Didn't Hunter Tylo sue the producers and/or writers or FOX after she was fired from Melrose Place?

You and I must've been watching the same show... :lol:

She sued Aaron Spelling for firing her from Melrose and won a shitload of money.

Archived