Days: Maggie Horton

• Members

so i think we can all agree Days is getting better now right? well i think its time for Maggie Horton and Suzanne Rogers to get a story line.

but what could they do? feel free to post what you want her story line to be.

here is mine-

Maggie Horton goes home one night and finds her beloved hubby Mickey (cant they get john clarke for one day to lay in a bed?) dead in bed. We can see her grive for him and try to plan a funeral and all that great classic soapy stuff we never see anymore.

Then we can see Maggie trying to deal with him being gone. She could even be tempted to drink again. Maybe even do it. Marlena and her friends could be a great support system for her. Lucas could be a great supporting person in this story as could Nick & Abby.

From there it could go two ways...

1-

After all that we could see her getting back to work- but her time away started to cause her restaurant to suffer. She could need someone to help and buy a part in the place - enter Tony Dimera. This time around Tony coluld be an actual human and not a one note cartoon. Maggie could relunctly accept his help and the two could become friends causing drama and conflict for those who love Maggie. how could she become friends with this man after all he did. then the two could become even more than friends and a Maggie/Tony/Anna triangle comes along...

2-

Don Craig comes back to Salem. He moves in with his old friend Maggie because she doesn't wanna live alone. The two could slowly start to become more than friends once again as they did in the past.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a new romance for Maggie would be great. In ideal times Melissa or Sarah could return and they could be upset with their mother for moving on, and yet Maggie may not think she has to be alone for the rest of her life just because she's older. An alcoholism angle could be really interesting, I don't trust Days to do it well but in theory yeah it could be awesome and give Suzanne something to do at last.

Oh how I wish they'd give Suzanne a storyline!

• Members

I don't get why Days doesn't use her. She showed her stuff to recent fans in the SSK story. She is probably the best actress on Days, bar none, yet all she does is chew up scenery. Give her a damn story. Have her fall off the wagon or get a new love interest...anything. I am pleased she us being used a bit more but she shouldn't be a prop. She should be active.

• Members

Here is a shameless plug for my Maggie storyline. Hehe Woops.

<br>

<br>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• Members

I strongly dissagree. Maggie would fit in perfectly well with those two couples. She's Marlena's best friend and never really liked John. She's also Hope's aunt. Any of those two would be lucky to have her in their storyline. Seriously, Maggie is connected to many characters...the adults and even the younger set thanks to her friendship and guidance with Lucas.

• Members

WTF? Suzanne's the longest running actor on Days, barring Francis Reid (who will probably be gone soon anyway), a storyline has been LONG OVERDO for the woman.

Surely, they can focus on the super-couples but find time for a storyline for Maggie as well. I'd rather see her than Chelsea, Nick, Stephanie, or EJ. :rolleyes:

And as the previous poster said, Maggie has ties to literally every character on the canvas. She's Marlena's best friend and really should be there for her, especially now in her time of need. For a while now it's been ignored that Marlena's actually had friendships and she's Hope's aunt, enough said there.

Frankly, it's pathetic how Corday and the writers have treated Maggie over the past 18 years. NBC and Corday can bitch all they want about being ignored by the Daytime Emmy's, but it's a damn shame that the only Emmy winner they have is nothing but wallpaper.

• Members

If they can't get John Clarke back as Mickey, they should have Mickey die in his sleep and like JackPeyton, I'd love to bring the Maggie/Marlena relationship to the forefront. Maggie starts drinking again and eventually gets involved with Stefano (or Victor), bringing her women friends close together determined to get her out and sober. I think it could be a great storyline for Suzanne to show her talents and it would be a realistic one.

Um, rewrite. Maggie never had anything against John.

Archived