DAYS: LUMI/Celeste/EJ spoilers...

• Members

Posted at SoapCity.

-Sami and Lucas to go New Orleans to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

-While there, Lucas finds a metal box in a wall. Inside is a note written in italian, signed "DiMera." Sami wants to use the letter as ammo against EJ (how?), but Lucas doesn't want her to get into more danger. Sami swipes the latter, anyway.

-EJ shows up and tells Sami that he'll get out of her life if she agrees to having the amnio. Lucas hears the end of the conversation and is none too pleased, but suggests that she simply have the test done to get him off their backs, once and for all.

-Meanwhile, EJ secretly meets with Celeste in the DiMera family cemetary. While there, he tells her that Stefano's condition is deteriorating rapidly and they need to get the stem cells from Sami's baby -- NOW.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stefano must've been really bad off to need both a kidney AND stem cells from an unborn child!

That must've been the entire reason EJ knocked Sami up, though. In order to get the stem cells, though, doesn't the unborn baby have to be killed in order to do so? I know nothing about this sort of thing, but I believe the baby has to be dead... or am I wrong? If that's the case, I can't see EJ killing his own child for the stem cells. That's why he's so adamant about learning the paternity -- he's probably secretly hoping that Lucas is the father so he can kill it without worry! What a bastard.

• Members

Kennylicious, no, the baby does not have to die. They did something like this on ATWT. Jennifer's son was dying of a rare blood disease. Jennifer's half brother was expecting a child with Emily. Emily let them do a procedure on her/the baby. They took stem cells from Emily's baby (while still in the womb) and put them in Jennifer's son, Johnny. The surgery was successful and though Emily's baby was stillborn due to her pre-eclampsia and going into early labor, Johnny survived..and is currently being cared for by his half sister Lucy after being kidnapped by her, which she did because she was afraid that in Craig and Dusty's custody battle/obsession over him, they were neglecting him.

*sigh*

Hope that helped. :)

Meanwhile, I'm very glad that everyone's going to New Orleans. Maybe they'll do like GL is doing and show some real life footage of Bry and Ali helping re-build homes. If not, it's still cool because New Orleans is a very integral part of DAYS history as far as the DiMeras go.

And as for Sami wanting ammo against E.J., maybe she gets someone to translate it (a native New Orlenaian that is bilingual, maybe) and she learns the true content of the letter, thus peaking her interest and wanting to use it for ammo against E.J.

Just a thought.

• Members

I know this is such a positive move for the storyline, but have we caught Corday in yet another lie? Didn't he say that everything was going to take place in Salem? No more going outside of town. When will he learn to keep his mouth shut.

• Members

I've mentioned that in other threads... it's just one lie after another.

I'm happy about the New Orleans developments, but this simply goes to show that Corday really had no clue what he was talking about. He was simply making empty promises and praying they'd come to pass.

• Members

Every EP lies. Actors lie. 99% of Americans lie. That is why I wait and see what is on my screen before judging. Yeah, we can say something sounds good but there can be no critique of something until we see it. Period.

I am not a big Corday fan either but I am not going to bash him for doing it when we all do it. Whatever the case, at least we aren't doing another island story and New Orleans is a place rooted in history. If they choose to go to Ireland, the same goes. It could serve some important story purpose. It's not about where but the who and the why. That us pivotal.

• Members

I think people need to stop getting their panties in a twist over going away from a soap town. Why is it SUCH a big deal?

And again, my only gripe about when soaps take their characters out of town is the DURATION. I don't mind a decent amount of time but not months in a location away from town.

• Members

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not about to argue semantics when this storyline has the potential to be so good. I mean, we're going to the mother of all settings--Maison Blanche!!

I never expect anything Corday says to be 100% correct anyway. I've come to accept that at least a portion of every interview is incorrect. :)

Archived