DAYS: LUMI/Celeste/EJ spoilers...

• Members

What you just said is the problem. DAYS has a tendency to have characters spend months and months of their lives outside of Salem. That gets old and fast. Have you realized that this show has used an island/jungle set every single year since 1997?

1997 - Stefano, Kristen, John and Hope went to the jungle for the cure for Roman.

1998 - Bo met Greta in the bayou.

1999 - Shockingly, everyone pretty much stayed in Salem this yer. :o

2000 - The Bradys and Hortons that went to rescue Hope crashed on an island.

2001 - Tropical Temptation Island (teen invasion)

2002 - John and Marlena went to the DiMera island, where they learned John was Daphne's son.

2003 - John and Marlena were still on the DiMera island. This time, they learned that Tony and Marlena were Rex and Cassie's parents.

2004 - Captive Island, nothing else needs said.

2005 - Roman, Marlena, Jack, Cassie, Caroline and Victor were trapped in Tony's castle. It wasn't an island, but it wasn't Salem either. And then there was IRAQ :rolleyes:

2006 - Morgan Island

2007 - Tinda Lao

That's a decade of island/jungle stories. Most of these stories took forever to tell and took characters out of Salem for a long period of time. That's not good.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soap fans just really like picking people behind the scenes to hate (Frons, Higley, JER, Corday...pretty much every one behind the scenes of a soap.).

I get a laugh out of people who think Frons and Corday are out to sabotage their shows. :lol::rolleyes:

• Members

I'm not a fan that thinks Corday is out to sabotage DAYS. I know he wants to save his parents' show. He'll do anything to do that and he's proven that by having Reilly fired and hiring Hogan. He'll do anything. I praise him for that. However, my only point in pointing out was a joke. It was a joke. Just a few weeks ago, posts were high in posters bashing Corday for the lies he's told. This was when his interview came out and he blatantly said that there is a problem when characters are outside of the town for a long period of time. I found it funny that that statement was said and now we're hearing that New Orleans is becoming a location where a few characters will be going down to.

I don't have a problem with people leaving town. It's believable and realistic. People leave town all the time. My problem is when characters are away from town where there are important things going on inside the town. The characters are away for a long period of time and are basically missing everything. That's when things get a little out of hand.

• Members

I don't think for some it's necessarily going away from Salem, but the fact that Corday seems to have lied and this does not bring good hope for what's going to come in the Summer with this big DiMera story.

Anyway, this stuff sounds awesome!!!!! So Celeste is still working with EJ? That's great!!!!

• Members

Well, I am of the opinion that.....

1. Corday has been lying through his teeth ever since he took over the show. That is nothing new, so I just don't pay attention to what he says. Keeps my BP in check. :D

2. IA with you, Daysfan. Let's just enjoy the stories that are coming up. Corday has been embarrased publicly, once again, andnow he knows, for now, to let HS do his thing. I see what that has done for ratings. They have stopped bleeding, and have turned around.

• Members

im sorry, but its Lumi honymoon! of course they r leaving salem! why wouldnt they? esp with all thats gone down. and if they r going to new orlens why not show it, esp since the show has a history there and they are using the history.

we dont know how long they will be there. it could be only like 2 weeks before they are back in salem. it could be just the way the writers decided to bring the dimeras back. i for one couldnt be happier.

so KC said it all be going down in salem, no outside of salem. i get why fans are like "lie!!" but hell, at least there not going do a damn island or anything. and at least they r using history of the show.

Archived