OLTL Discussion: Week of May 7th

• Members
welcome_sign_with_flower_pots__SCI_03865

Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of May 7th, 2007. This week should prove very interesting. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it weren't for Viki, I wouldn't be liking this Jess storyline what so ever, but Erika is going to knock this out of the park for me, because Viki (Erika) has already reeled me in, just from today. I feel more of Viki's pain then I do for Jessica, and although I'm not an Antonio fan, I think Kamar is doing a great job with the material as well.....

Thought the scenes with the Teens was actually very good. And I'm telling you that guy that plays Henry is bringing this home. He's extremely talented.

Actually enjoyed the scenes with John, Blair and Dorian. Well, until they got back to Llanview and Blair starting screeching. But I did enjoy her threatening Marty. LOL.

I just adore Bo and Paige. Granted Paige is one of the most boring characters on the show, but I love to see the smile on Bo's face.

• Members

OK, I love Viki and I look forward to Viki being involved in the Jessica storyline, but today and last week I thought, who is this imposter?

That's not Viki. That is some pretender who makes decisions for her daughter and pimps her off to Antonio. I hope for a scene with Viki and Jessica where Viki and Jessica talk and Viki respects Jessica's opinions rather than making every decision for her. Jessica is an adult. This entire cave man Antonio, Macha Natalie and Fake Viki making every single decision is dumb and hardly heroic.

What is that crap with Michael telling Natalie, Viki and Antonio about Jessica's medical condition? Jessica is not incapacitated. She gets to hear first. She also gets to make the decision about who will go get her child and bring her to the hospital for a medical test, and she gets to make the decision about whether she gets to visit with Nash.

St. Antonio is back to Assholio, making every decision for Jess, and it pains me, literally pains me, to see Viki not only going along with it but willing participant.

Now on to other topics. I hope Henry doesn't die in the car wreck. He's a fine little actor. I even liked Cole today! I thought he acted like a kid in that situation would.

I do see some chemistry between Blair and John

• Members

Looks like the one thing most of us agree on is Henry. I really wish he could stay.

I didn't like Blair going off on Marty when she didn't even know the facts. Starr was the one who got in the car first, so if anything it's her fault Cole is there. Plus she was being a complete idiot today. Britney was trying to calm Henry down and tell him what he wanted to hear and Starr kept interrupting and making the situation worse. It's a sad day when Britney has more sense than Starr.

I think Jess's story is ok. Normally I like Michael a lot, but I didn't think he was acting like much of a doctor today. He was way to casual, imo.

• Members

I agree!! Blair, STFU!! She disappears searching for her baby daddy that she spurned not once, but twice... and Starr gets into trouble and Cole is involved, and it's all Cole's fault? WTF? I wasn't ever fond of Blair, but this mess almost takes the cake for her. And that's mainly because Blair at least has some sense when it comes to Starr, but here it's all gone. I'm tired of her, and her screeching whenever things don't go her way.

Though I liked how Britney was trying to do something in the car, it's too little and too late... and I find it hard to believe that she didn't know all the pain and stress that she was causing on Henry. Of course she knew, she just didn't care... And what's with Cole? He takes some steriods, and suddenly he's the expert on all drugs? Whatever...

Overall though, I liked all their scenes. Too bad they didn't develop Henry more before it all, it could have really added to the storyline; though he worked really well with what he was given.

And the hospital mess, are you telling me that no one has Nash's cellphone number? I find that hard to believe with the time we live in.

• Members

I am pretty impressed with the teen storyline, as it was rewritten like a week ago and this is basically getting aired as it's being taped :P Jonathan Groff who plays Henry is great, and even Cole was good. I actually liked Blair bitching out Marty for no reason, it's true to the two characters.

The Jessica storyline was interesting... I'm glad they're not all being dumb and they realize it's Tess's doing. Viki's fabulous as usual!

• Members

Poor Henry. He was a fine actor.

I'm very much liking that Nash is somewhat of an outsider with Jessica's family , and I'm hoping when he and Jessica finally get together, they are somewhat of an outlaw couple. I loved Tess and Nash when it was just them against the world. I would not mind seeing a little bit of that with Jess and Nash. More than anything, I'm ready for the triangle to end and for them to be together.

I think I like the teen story because it is different than every other story on OLTL. Right now it is the only story on OLTL that isn't some form of triangle. It's different. The Britney dynamic was interesting today.

Oh, but I'm not happy that they are ruining Miles. He could have been a great character. I think Miles is going to be the character that gets blown up to prop John McBain this time. Oh please no more ruining characters to give him a bad guy to abolish and a woman to save.

Rex, Adrianna and Tate. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

That's it. OLTL would be better with a broader base of storylines. Everything is a triangle story and now it's even all the same triangles.

Now, one ,just little sermon. Stop reading here if you don't want it. LOL.

I think if OLTL is going to do socially relevant storylines, it would be well-served to stop perpetuating stereotypes. People live with HepC for a very long time. And, there are other ways to get HepC than sharing a needle. I dare say the majority of people with HepC did not get it because they are junkies. Bad stereotype number 1.

AIDS is not isolated to the gay community anymore. Tying in the outing Tate storyline to an AIDS fundraiser for gay men perpetuates a very outdated stereotype of the worst order. AIDS is not gay cancer, and there is no public good in implying that it is an issue that requires a fund-raiser specifically for the gay community. Bad stereotype number 2.

OK, I'm done and I apologize for the lecture.

• Members

Nice post Jess! :)

Also, for those of you wondering why Henry is already off the canvas, it has to do more with Jonathan Groff then OLTL. They knew all along when they hired him, that he would only be availabe for a limited time. Groff has a very busy career on Broadway, and simply didn't have the time for a longer committment to OLTL.

The original scrapped storyline, taped back in March, likely would have featured Henry more prominently. However, that storyline was re-shot in the last week or two, after Groff had already left the show. He and the show were able to work out a deal, however, for him to return for a few days to re-do the storyline. FV confirmed this in comments he made about OLTL reworking the high school hostage storyline.

So, Henry's exit wasn't just a plot point.....it was beacuse Groff had to get back to his busy Broadway career.

• Members

Thanks Jay.

I give OLTL credit on this one. They really did have to throw together a new story, but they also retained the sense of a desperate young man. I enjoyed the dynamic today with Britney and Starr. When Britney said everyone at school would hate her, and Starr said she was going to make sure that happened, it opened an interesting story. I'm becoming interested in the teen story.

You know, NuMarty is growing on me a little bit, and I like John and Cole. I don't like em messing up Miles to prop John though.

• Members

Awww....thank you Jay. :D

BTW, if anyone is wondering what Jason Tam looks like, here is his picture:

btb_shoe_220x130.jpg

As you know, Tam will be portraying Markko, a new member of the Llanview teen scene in a couple weeks.

Archived