Bucky Covington's CD debuts @ #1 on Country Charts

R!ck

• Members

Via Reality TV Magazine

Bucky Covington Debuts At #1

Bucky Covington’s self-titled debut CD opened at #1 on Nielsen Soundscan’s Country Top 75 chart with 61,000 units sold. Covington’s debut CD also entered Nielsen Soundscan’s all genre top 200 chart at #4 and is the only new country act to open inside the top five this year. This puts him in good company as only two other country acts, including Tim McGraw and Martina McBride, have debuted inside the top 4 on Nielsen Soundscan’s Top 200 chart this year.

With 61,000 units sold in the first week, this gives Covington the distinction of having not only 2007’s biggest unit debut from a new country artist, but also the best first week sales and highest Top 200 debut for any new male country artist since Billy Ray Cyrus in 1992.

Bucky Covington was released April 17 on Lyric Street Records. The current single “A Different World” is poised to break into the top 20 on the country radio charts while the video is climbing CMT and GAC’s countdown shows.

At a recent Wal-Mart instore in Fayetteville, NC, Bucky Covington signed copies of his self-titled debut CD for eager fans until 1:30am. It was an eventful evening that included a group dressed for prom who left their party early so they could meet Bucky, and another woman who had to be taken to the hospital after fainting in line, but refused to leave until she had gotten her autograph.

Lyric Street Records is a part of Disney’s Buena Vista Music Group. The Buena Vista Music Group is the recorded music and music publishing arm of the Walt Disney Studios.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Bucky. He was one of my favorites and so happy to read of his new success. I saw the new video and just love looking at that long, lanky body with the flowing hair and happy go lucky grin....only I miss his crooked teeth....they made his smile individual.

Archived