SOW: Blind Item

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'know...I almost think it IS Meek. We all know how quickly it happened. Just because the fans love it, doesn't mean the TIIC cottoned to it immediately. Maybe with Bryce returning, things had to be rewritten (Bryce has been used sparingly, that's for darn sure) and it kind of messed up the scheduling, etc.

If it was firing Dempsey, those IIC have had plenty of time to reconsider and "fix" it, if they wanted.

• Members

Well Cal maybe Frons will surprise us and put Dan on another soap. Yeah I know, fat chance. I do, however, think Frank, in particular, pleads the 5th too often. I think he is a lot more involved in OLTL's poor decisions than he lets on. I keep think about people who have been fired from OLTL during his tenure -- Bruce Michael Hall heard a rumor, Finolia Hughes read it in a script, Heather Toms told her brother he was dead after she read it in a script.

Frank isn't much on gutting up IMO.

• Members

Yes. And Jay, Thanks for correcting me. You know I really enjoyed her as an actress. I'm probably critical about OLTL brass in part for canning her. I thought she was very good. I read once where she said she would like to write for daytime or be a producer. I think that would be great.

Anyway, yes and thank you. You wouldn't know she was one of my favorites by my sloppy spelling. LOL.

• Members

Jess, she more than landed on her feet. I believe she has her own production company where she does writing and direction and works with her husband. She married Father Tony from OLTL.

As to Frankie, I so agree. He is far from the innocent player in all of these things.

• Members

My bad, I thought Vincent had been fired.

So who has been fired as opposed to not had their contract renewed? I ask since the wording of the item specifically used the word "fired".

I wonder how recent this is? Is it recent enough that it is someone we didn't know about or since it involves "higher ups" is it something that did happen previously and the higher ups' displeasure is just now coming to light?

• Members

Sadly you were right, AMC did fire Vincent. I'm not certain about his current Y&R contract but Y&R is a west coast soap so it does not apply to this blind item.

If you missed it here is Vincent's goodbye letter to his AMC fans.

http://www.vincentirizarry.com/index/Farewell.htm

I'm still thinking Cady. I just think it's odd that ABC went to great lengths (and expense) to bring back the iconic Dixie Cooney only to destroy the character and then kill her off. AMC trashed history and a much loved supercouple for no reason and with no pay off.

• Members

AMC and OLTL have seemed to almost thumb their noses at an audience expecting payoff -- Todd is still the punching bag for a now dead Spencer (and Todd is even out of the who killed SPencer story) -- and trashing their history left and right, for no apparent reason other than that they can. AMC has hope. Higley and Valentine somehow still hold power at OLTL.

'Fired' is an interesting term covering a lot of ground. Technically, if one declines recurring, one is not 'fired' or are they? Even by being offered recurring, they are getting a demotion that they may be expected to decline. (I'm thinking Phil Carey, Julia Barr or Cady McClain). With some license, even REG could be considered fired -- and I could see network executives angry about that. REG is the only one I think would appear on another ABC soap.

• Members

So what is fired? Does "actor" mean male or is it general meaning male and female? I tend to think of "fried" as being released from contract prior to it's natural termination. Still being permitted to walk or not having your contract renewed is to me a lesser included concept. Failed negotiations don't rise to my concept of "fired" even given the lesser included concept. I also tend to think of actor as male, at least when I read it in the more formal construct of a magazine item as opposed to a message board.

As to REG, I find it hard to believe that the network wasn't well informed of her contract negotiations.

Archived