SOW: Blind Item

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I can't imagine Frank having the onions to make a decision without running it through Frons. The only possible person it could be on OLTL would be Spencer. All the other terminations have attracted to much attention and fan backlash. I thought it might be Ted King, but oppos, wrong coast.

• Members

I don't know if this makes a difference but REG's wasn't fired. Her contract expired because they were unable to come to terms.

I wonder if Frons actually micro-manages the soaps the way people claim he does. Afterall, he is the President of ABC and Disney daytime programming. He has a lot of ground to cover. Maybe something or someone slipped past him.

• Members

How about Cady M or Vincent I? PC although I doubt that given his age.

I also am not as sold on Frons as the micromanager of all things bad. While I think he is way too involved he can't be involved to the level some want to believe with his position.

Also could they be talking about some above Frons? With the declining ratings at both AMC and OLTL and several most unpopular firings in the last year maybe someone decided to start fixing things?

• Members

I think Frons needs to shut up (Can you imagine being in charge of his media relations? LOL. It's either a consultant's dream or nightmare). I don't think he is the micromanager of all things bad. If anything, I think he may be too reluctant to fire people when he should. But yeah, I think he has become too easy a target for the bad things going on at OLTL and AMC. What really pisses me off is firing Dan G. I think that was Frank and Dena and I thiink they were pissed about the excellent interview that ran on this site.

I also think if they want to fire a guy for doing that, OK, I would not like it, but a similar gesture would probably get me fired. LOL. However, and it's a big one, destroying the character was wrong, killing off an entire bloodline was wrong, and lying was wrong. l

OK, my rant. I still miss Dan and the character of Kevin.

• Members

Hmmm.....

ATWT - Jeffrey Meek

AMC - Cady McClain, Vincent Iriziarry, Julia Barr (technically)

OLTL - Phil Carey (technically), Paul Satterfield (I doubt it's him though)

GL - Michael Dempsey

We'll see....

• Members

Is VI still under contract to Y&R?

I can't see PS being the one. Too many were happy to see the character gone.

There was talk at OL about trying to get GT to reprise the role of Kelly. Might some be unhappy over HT's departure? OLTL does somewhat have egg on it's face with none of their emmy nominations being under contract with the show.

• Members

PC is the actor who plays Asa Buchanan. His contract came up for renewal and they offered him recurring and he walked. I guess he doesn't qualify as "fired". He's more of a Julia Barr situation. I definitely can't see him on any show at 80 something other than OLTL.

VI and DG are the two that come to mind when you think of fired actors, at least from ABC. Makes me think it is a non ABC soap.

Archived