ATWT: Which vets would you like to see more front and center

• Members

I've watched the show since 1977. SB as Craig is a vet, so is MB and JH. These people have been on the show for more than 20 years! They are vets. KMH joined 15 years ago. Lucinda goes without saying. Margo without Tom would be better. Susan and Barbara are the only other characters that could be used in exciting storylines. Anthony Herrara and Finn Carter returning would be beyond fantastic!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Lucinda, Barbara, Susan, Tom, Margo, and sometimes Emma. The vets really don't make or break the show for me. I appreciate them and the years they've worked there but come on. What kinda storyline are Bob and Kim gonna have in their 60's or 70's that will be even remotely interesting? I just don't see myself being excited to see old people all the time. I think they should use vets when they have a purpose or an actual storyline can be created for them or include them somehow rather than just put them up their for no reason. Right now I think only Lucinda, Barbara, Susan and Emma are the only ones who can be on screen and have a purpose.

• Members

Just because a person is considered a "vet" doesn't automatically make them an "Old Person". I would like to see Rosanna and Dr. Ben return, if only to finalize their storylines, and they are certainly not "old". The same could be said in away about Aaron especially now that Ali is back, I would like to hear his side of that story.

• Members
Well I don't know if thats how everyone classifies vets but doesn't it mean veterans? And usually the connotation is "old". Sorry if thats not what it means usually in the world of daytime. I'd like to see Aaron and Rosanna come back but only because there is still a multitude of stories that can be told for them. Most of all I just want Chris Hughes back....Bailey Chase was hot as mess.

• Members

No character, vet, newbie, or otherwise, should be on for no reason at all. The trouble is, the vets (and when I personally say the word vet, I mean a person who has been on the show for at least a fourth of the show's run) have amazing potential, especially on this show. You have characters like Bob, Kim, Susan, and Lisa, who were all major players back when the show was consistently the number one soap on the air for what seemed like an eternity. They might be up in their 60s and 70s now, but they can still deliver when it matters. When I call for the vets to be featured more, I'm not asking for the entire show to be based around them, because any character being seen every single day would suck, no matter who it is. No, what I ask for is for them to be shown and featured when it makes sense. In real life, a teen who is close to his grandparents would ask them for advice, right? Then why do we never see Casey asking Bob, Kim, or Lisa for help with any of the problems in his life? The show was marvelous at doing this around this time last year. We'd get Nancy, Kim, Lisa, Susan, Emma, Bob, and all the others at least two or three times per week, in scenes that made a difference.

I think the call for the vets to be shown more is merely a call for balance on the show. This show, like my other fave, AMC, is supposed to rooted in family, with several generations being focused on. The older characters should get their time in the spotlight just like everybody else does. And I'm not saying that they should just lump them all in one storyline together, either. They should be in storylines that make sense for their character. Lisa has been the show's biggest vixen for most of its run, but we're supposed to believe that now that she's older, she's decided to slow down and man-less for the rest of her life? Give me a break!

• Members

I love your way of thinking and I do agree with you. Balance is very crucial to a show and I do understand that ATWT is a family oriented show. I think thats why I loved the Lily/Faith/Lucinda storyline so much cuz it had a lot of emotional moments centered on the family and such. And it utilized both male and female characters of different status, age, etc. Just an awesome original storyline and I appauld ATWT and Martha for doing it.

PS I think the soap thats wasting its talent is GH to be honest followed by GL.

• Members

Emma--Give her that sass and spunk that she used to have.

Lisa--Bring her on as a character, instead of as a famiy member of Tom/Casey

Lyla--Have her return and give Craig a good scolding. Team her with Margo to give Katie some 101 classes on maturity, romance, etc.

Lucinda's on. Susan's on.

James--Instead of always singling out the woman that he wants for that particular time period, maybe have him scoop up Lisa, Lucinda, Emma and hold them hostage or something. Then, the women could team up to take him down.

Bob, Kim, Nancy--Give these three a juicy storyline that doesn't center around children or grandchildren. Have the new story center around one of them for a change.

Barbara--Bring her back and yes, though she will continue to poke and prod her way into her sons' lives, have her share some much needed screen time with Lisa or Kim. These three need to really re-connect. And bring Barbara a ban! Perhpas bring back Dr. Walker?

John--Bring him back from "NeverMentionedLand" and get him to scheming and plotting and using people again..what he does best! Or maybe he and Henry could set up a hilarious "con"-ing scheme. :P

And to top it all off, bring back some of the vets from long ago. Penny, Ellen, Don, etc.

• Members

Ain't that the truth. The scenes from Friday with the Stewart ladies were great, IMO. I've always looked at the Stewart family as being predominately represented by women/females. You could have Ellen, Susan, Susan, Emily, Alison, and then bring back either Annie or Dee. One of them (I forget which one, I want to say Annie) had quintuplets with Jeff Ward in 1984, which makes them perfect for the early 30s group. I believe it was two girls and two guys: Nancy, Maria, Lowell, and Greg.

Archived