DAYS: Matt Ashford & Missy Reeves Rumor

• Members

Apparently Matt Ashford will be back on DAYS in a big way this summer, and there's a chance Missy Reeves might be doing some episodes too: could this be for Alice's funeral?

This is from the Salem Spectator board.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These rumors are frequent. I think Jack and Jennifer should return pronto TOO. They soooo have a place on this show, especially in the midst of the mystery that is promised. Last summer when they were involved in the glove hand mystery (I don't know if that was Hogan or not), it was CLASSIC J&J. It would only be fair and right considering how much of the show's major umbrella storylines they have been involved in too.

• Members

I don't think DAYS should kill off Alice until Frances Reid dies.

I think Melissa Reeves would return to DAYS as Jennifer, only if it were short-term and probably only if it were for Alice's death/tribute to Frances Reid.

If DAYS were ever to bring back Jack and Jennifer on a permanent basis it would be likely Matthew Ashford as Jack with a new actress in the role of Jennifer.

• Members

That is probably what happened. As I have said, Frances is the type that is very critical and she is a spitfire. I would bet she wanted to see her character have closure and she if her sendoff as a whole was true to her character and to all the Horton's. I am sure her and Corday talked at length and, if the rumors of her taping some sort of closure scenes sometime last year are true, I am pretty sure its her decision.

If Missy is coming back and that gets confirmed, then we know why because we already have Doug and Julie returning. I have a feeling Matt is going to pop in and out like a recurring player, which is good. I would love to see another arc like Beth gave us. I keep hoping that if Missy and John Clarke return for something with Alice that they will agree to come and go or make visits or something. Then the Mickey issue is solved and we can have Jennifer come back once and awhile with Jack.

I do think these could be true but I did hear Ashley's last airdate is May 2 and, if that is the case, I would think we would hear something about Jack being there. Adrienne returns on May 1 so I wonder if her return somehow plays into Abby's leaving on May 2, if that date is correct.

• Members

Ideally it would be nice if Days waited for FR to pass, until having Alice die...But what if Frances lives past Christmas time??..FR still wouldn't be able to appear on the show and Days can't do Christmas, with Alice unseen in the other room..I think that would be horrible...

• Members

Everyone, here's the link:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=86917

Apparently this person is Poirot, who used to be the moderator on the Soap Opera Central DAYS board, so she is probably more reliable than Baby Brady. :lol:

If you believe her: Matt will be back for Ashley Benson's final SL(presumably Jack gets Abby a job or takes her to college in England?), then he will be involved again during the summer SLs. B)

Archived