Soap Dish with One Life to Live Honcho Frank Valentini

• Members

Nope seemed just fine to me :)

I am in no way a Todd and Evangeline fan, I hate both characters separately and together, I want to gauge my eyes out whenever they're onscreen.

I know I don't have an agenda, I just feel that TSJ is NOT playing Todd Manning but Walker Lawrence.

Also how come Miles hasn't commented that Todd looks exactly like his brother Walker? A comment in passing would have been nice or something

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I wondered about that, too. Because right now he's starting to really hate Todd because of what happened with Marty and also because of Spencer's letter/ghost. Bringing the whole "You took my brother's face!" idea into the mix would add another dimension to that story. Spencer said that Miles was formed "in my own image" -- and Todd was of course re-formed in Walker's own image! David Chisum and TSJ sort of look alike. DC has something of James DePaiva about him, too.

• Members

It's all spin. Some have wondered if this came out in response to Erika Slezak's rather strong Q and A about the shape of the show, and it is possible.

Whether or not FV is the one behind the direction or has ANY power whatsoever, he has to publicly support the direction of the show no matter what he did or didn't choose -- and that is EXACTLY what I see in this interview (why it sets my teeth on edge).

Viki and Clint's story is taking quite a 'fun' turn away. It's not how I'd view a story watching Clint reject Viki after seven years of no love life for OLTL's grande dam, or watching Dorian chase Clint so soon after the surprisingly deep love with David over the last few years. If Viki and Clint had been together for those seven, it might look different.

He HAS to say ME is a tremendous performer after the hijinx of the twelfth hour signing and the huge funeral, just as he has to say that TSJ was robbed. He still has to back letting HT and DG go.

Until she is out, he has to support Higley. Whether he had to go as far as he did....well, no. And I still have no respect for the job he HAS done as producer.

• Members

Great post Cat and thanks for saying everything I feel.

I liked TSJ Todd way before the whole Evangeline thing. In a perfect world I would have both on the show but Roger as somene else cause I be too scared that he want to leave when he gets bored and keep TSJ cause for me he has made Todd his. I like this Todd way more than crazy physcopath that was Todd before. TSJ has made Todd have a soul which is huge IMO.

Again Cat great post.

• Members

Since both AMC and Cat's rants are obviously aimed at me. I'm coming back. Maybe you don't have an agenda, in which case my comment wasn't aimed at you.

However, I stand by it. If you look across the boards at posts about NuTodd, Podd or Jim, it is about how romantic he and Evangeline are.

And, TSJ himself has made the character about he and Evangeline in his public comments. I don't know if it's about you or not , but I do know that a whole lot of the TSJ love began with the Evangeline and Todd thing.

Now I've been accused of disliking the NuTodd because of Blair and Todd. I do hate the NuTodd because he is totally different in regard to that relationship and the relationship with his kid. I hardly think that is being an obsessive fan.

He ain't Todd anymore, he's Jim. IMO, and yes, just like you get your opinion, I get mine.

• Members

Oops never mind. I misread. I heard he left because they wanted him to be a romantic leading man. He didn't want to be a romantic leading man and thought it mischaracterized Todd. Todd was defined by the rape and Roger recognized that.

Ooops. I apologize.

• Members

Anyway, I came over here to say that I think no one has suffered character assassination like Jessica and Nash. If that couple is Frank and Hackley's idea of how they write romance, then, perhaps each of us should hope our favorites aren't involved in a romance.

• Members

First of all, I apologize for getting too rant-y in my long-ass post. I just took what you wrote as an attack on anybody who has ever expressed a liking for TSJ's Todd or Tangeline on SON. Bar none.

Second, I don't think AMC was ranting -- or even ranting at you. From what I can see on this thread, she (or he?) agrees with pretty much every thing you wrote.

I don't know about other boards. I only really post here about OLTL.

From what I have seen on SON, some people like T&E, some for myriad different reasons absolutely do not, and a lot just do not care either way. Which is the way I like it. I don't want to post at some fandom board where everybody has the exact same opinion about their fave pairing because that's just boring. Plus those boards get all agenda-driven and stuff. I just want to enjoy the show, not get roped into some massive mailing campaign.

I already explained that I liked TSJ before Evangeline became a frontburner character, so I won't go on about it again. ;)

I never thought you were "an obsessive fan" in any way, shape or form. I totally respect your opinion, different or not, and enjoy reading your posts whatever POV you express. End of.

• Members

OK Cat and AMC. Thanks. LOL.

I actually wasn't even thinking of either of you when I posted the original comment. I probably ought to stay off other boards. What I probably should have said is that TSJ is allowing this character to be defined by Evangeline. He has done that in his public comments, for instance, he might leave if REG lands a primetime role leaves. As a result, a lot of the debate over NuTodd v OldTodd now is centered on the character as a romantic leading man, specifically with Evangeline.

Now I may be just as guilty as anyone else, but on the other side. I thought TSJ was great in the role until about six months ago. All the crying and the sensitive romantic man is just weird to me.

There, that comment is less offensive. LOL.

• Members

This man is a prig and an idiot. He can't even remember that it was Tori that was the firestarter who burned down Llanview, not Tommy.

His favoritism is quite obvious too. "My Robin?" WTH is that about? So Erika Slezak I guess is nothing? So of course Viki will still have no love interest going on 5 years now?

I agree with Zara's comments, what she said, I feel. Thanks Zara

Archived