Soap Dish with One Life to Live Honcho Frank Valentini

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny that you mention that because, IMO, May was the only month in 2005 that was good also (Daniel Colson storyline). Do ya think Dena can continue with the tradition and give OLTL fans a May to remember?

In any event, it's their loss that they haven't fired her. ATWT has gotten so bad that, between the 2 PM shows, whoever fires their headwriter first will be the one I start religiously watching again. Unfortunately for One Life, I care about the characters on ATWT, while there are few that I give a damn about on OLTL anymore and the ones I do have quit, been fired, or are severely backburnered.

I couldn't Disagree more. Give me back the real Todd and send Podd on his way. Plus, it gets RH off ATWT so it kills two birds with one stone!

• Members

I hope Trevor St. John stays as Todd. I liked Roger Howarth, but I like Trevor St. John best as Todd. And YES, HELL YES actually, Trevor's Todd acts just like Roger Howarth's Todd. I'm sick of the Roger fans saying otherwise. I liked Trevor's Todd with Blair, but I do like him with Evangeline and think it's time for Blair and Todd to move on (as Trevor St. John's been quoted as saying).

I think ABC should fire Frank Valentini. The crap about Michael Easton being a "tremendous actor" is crazy, he's barely a good actor at time, and at times, is horrible.

OLTL should do right about Dan Gauthier as Kevin Buchanan. He should've never been fired in the first place. Getting Gina Tognoni back as Kelly would be a great idea as well.

Also KEEP Phil Carey(Asa), give him a contract.

I Frankie loves Ilene Kristen and Roxy, then put this wonderful talent back on contract ASAP!!!!!!!!

• Members

Sorry have to disagree, but he in no way is anything like Roger's Todd. I don't expect him to be exactly the same, but this character is too much of a romantic hero, instead of the anti-hero that Roger played him as.

Like Carolyn Hinsey said once, Todd would have never cried at his "execution", he would have told them all to go to hell. I also love what someone said recently in SOD that Todd is not a google stalker

• Members

Oh, so if you enjoy some of TSJ's portrayal as Todd/Podd/Jim/Walker or whatever, you must automatically be some rabid Evangeline uberfan?! The kind of crazy stalker fan who lobbies obsessively for a particular actor or pairing, to the detriment of the show? :huh:

Not true. I won't deny loving the chemistry between REG and TSJ. That is my perogative, no? BUT I have never forced that opinion on others, nor have I inundated the show with mail/telephone calls screaming for "Tangeline at all costs!"

As for the character of Evangeline, I like her on the whole (though she's not one of my faves), and she can get seriously self-righteous and up her own ass. I always call her out on her hypocrisy.

As for Todd/Podd/Jim/Walker/whatev, I watched OLTL way back in 1993/4 so I saw Todd's gang rape of Marty, his trial, her suffering as she slumped broken and shellshocked in the shower after her rape. I saw him lie, threaten and stalk his way through Llanview. Roger Howarth was in-your-face and gritty -- the character he played was nasty, compelling, broken. After a while, though, RH's comings and goings dilluted the character. When TSJ came on, I loved him as Walker, wasn't sure about the big "I Am Todd" reveal. But his portrayal grew on me and now I like him as Todd. FYI, I liked his Todd before Tangeline was even a glint in TSJ's eye!

Do I have issues with whether Todd would be such a horndog and so flippant at times? Yes.

Do I have questions about whether Todd would feasibly pursue a relationship with Evangeline? Yes, absolutely.

I'd be open to RH's return, definitely, but I'm also used now to TSJ's version and I would ideally want both actors on OLTL with some explanation regarding Todd/Walker etc.

I get that some of us have different opinions as to "Which Todd." I respect that everybody has preferences. But PLEASE don't assume that someone like myself who has voiced another opinion is automatically a Crazed Van or TSJ Fan or has some kind of agenda.

• Members

lol, AMC Zendall Fan. I hope my post didn't come across as b!tchy or shout-y.

Just wanted to explain where I was coming from. I don't have an agenda with OLTL. i just enjoy watching it -- i like who i like and don't like some aspects, too.

Archived