OLTL-Erika Slezak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's the point of Frank Valentini? If he has NO creative control then what does he do just handle the production schedule and money issues? I guess that's why he likes to direct as well. That probably keeps him pretty busy.

She's on point about Dena's writing. She writes EVENTS not stories.

That's great she's speaking out. It's always nice when people tell it like it is and they don't hold back.

• Members

I'm not conservative or a parent, either, and ITA with you and Erika Slezak. Not only does Kristin Alderson physically still look very child-like, only just growing into her teenage years, but 14/15 years old IMO is not an appropriate age to be doing heavy-duty love scenes. Yes, I know we are meant to believe that every 15 year old has already popped her cherry. :rolleyes: But I'm not sure that is exactly true. I FFed a lot of those Starr/Cole bed scenes because they were kinda disturbing and gratuitous.

• Members

I'm glad to know others feel the same way. I was starting to wonder if I was just being a pearl clutcher, but if someone told me KA was 13, I could easily believe that. I think it has to be even harder for people who have see her grow up onscreen.

• Members

Erika Slezak is amazing! This interview fills me with pride. I love and respect the fact that she stuck it to that idiot Higley, no holds barred and no punches spared. This woman is a legend, and it's always apparent how much she cares about the show and her co-stars. I loved how she commented on Dena writing events and said "There is no story." Way to go.

ETA: I have to say that I am exceedingly liberal when it comes to sex issues, and even I thought the Cole/Starr scenes were too much. Kristen Alderson is very talented and deserves more than this. On some other boards, people were saying how they loved Cole posing in his boxer briefs and wanted to see more of his "package," and for some reason, this gave me a sick feeling. I know the actor is older than KA, but he is still a teenager (I think?), and I don't believe that OL should be objectifying him as a sex object. There are enough attractive MEN and WOMEN on this show to play out the sex scenes, and a story for teenagers should be handled with more sensitivity.

KUDOS TO ERIKA.

• Members

Oooops ... my bad. Well, that makes me feel better and worse. I guess it's okay for people to comment on his ass and package if he's an adult, but it kind of makes me sick to my stomach that they have an actor that old working with Kristen in scenes of that nature.

• Members

At first I was shocked at how open Erika was, but then what does she have to lose? Higley has made it abundantly clear she doesn't really want to write for Nora or Viki at all. I rather doubt she wants Dorian. (And if she does, I'm certain her boss Frons doesn't).

They could fire her, but it might be a relief not to work as little as she is. I doubt TPTB would let her go in the near future, with the other departure iminent.

As for Higley being out, she should have been last year, but as dead-on as ES was about Higley writing events instead of story, the sad reality is that two of those events may garner the show a 'best drama' award - which I suspect might secure Higley's job for another year or two. If nothing else, the 'Tangeline' buzz might even be enough to do that.

• Members

I agree about Starr and Cole, the actor is so much older than Kristen, it bothers me like it did with Lily and Jonathan on AMC, given that Leven was only 15 and Jeff Branson was in his late 20's, just too much ick factor there.

GO ERIKA! I just hope she isn't fired for this

Archived