OLTL-Erika Slezak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, she did spend the whole night in a hotel in bed with Cole though. She just looks like a baby to me still, so it pretty much creeped me out despite the fact they didn't actually do the deed. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I actually had a child her age.

• Members

Kristen Alderson is still too young for the stories they give her, IMO. The actors around her should be her age and she should be limited until she matures more. She may be 15, but she looks much younger as well.

As for Erika, props to her and what the fricking hell are they going to do about it? This woman has won six Emmys and SHOULD be the fricking star of this show. How would it look to fire her for being right?

Hopefully the soap press picks up on her comments and backs her. I always hated that Susan Lucci never spoke out at the changes because she could've made a difference. They aren't going to fire Susan Lucci.

• Members

Yeah, he is 21, but he's playing a kid so I feel a little yuk too. I'm not a prude, I promise. It's just that talk about his package when I think of him as a kid. Oh well. I know it's not rationale.

• Members

IA with you.

Erika is amazing and I'm glad that she is open. I seriously do no think OLTL would fire it's lead lady, it's icon, Erika's name is synonomous with OLTL and daytime. But you just never know with daytime these days. It would be pitiful if that is what happens to her... just pitiful.

What's awesome about her letter is that it is not a plea for more airtime or more of a story it is a genuine statement about what is REALLY wrong with the show.

• Members

Erika did a wonderful job outlining all the problems with the show but what strikes me is how little hope there is of seeing any of them fixed. She gives Ron C high praise but if Higley has so much power or Frons has so much power does anyone think we are going to see any real change?

With all the casting calls out there it seems like we get more newbies for Dena to write for while there is no real story for old favorites. Erika also addressed the fact that family relationships are only begrudginly written in because they have to be acknowledged on occassion. That does not spell good things for the future especially with the comments about the lack of respect for and importance of history.

I also wonder what numbers ABC looks at because the ones listed here have had a number of record lows and ties record lows for OLTL over the past year.

• Members

That was quite an incredible read. When exactly is Higley's contract up? Is there hope she will be gone sooner rather than later. Since OLTL's numbers are no better than AMC and they fired McT, why isn't Frons firing Higley now?

I see Kay Alden is at AMC, does that mean OL may get Jack Smith? I do hope so.

Erika is a class act, I applaud her candor and she makes me very proud to be a fan of her work. Viki does need storyline, even a full time love interest, Higley just needs to be gone.

Archived