OLTL-Erika Slezak

• Members

I love Erika! She is so sweet and also is not afraid to speak her opinion! :)

What she said was so right. Highly does write for her favorites, and does not write for anyone else.

I too wonder if she could get cut because of this....but I doubt it. She has been on ABC longer than any of the other vets that have been fired on ABC recently, and she mainly spoke out against Highly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excellent interview. Way to go Erica. Now why aren't the mags all over an interview like that. I would love to see one of the mags sprout a spine and write a story about the sorry state of daytime.

It says it all, and it primarily says what we all knew: Dena and Frons are liars.

• Members

I'm so impressed she opened up. She is correct, Dena write events and bad ones at that. I have to admit, judging from her comments I was wrong about Frank. It doesn't look like there is anything he can do about Dena's mess.

Frons scores another one for ABC.

• Members

I was just saying the same thing to myself. I was wrong about Frank, and in a sense, I was wrong about Frons also. According to Erika, he just lets Higley do what she feels right. I thought he dictated it, didnt let her have a say, and basically wrote it for her with her name in the credits. I still dislike him for that same fact though. He lets her write, whatever. He doesnt care how bad.

• Members

Erika is the BOMB.

I love how she isn't just focused on "her" SL or lack thereof, but has pinpointed what is wrong with the show as a whole.

Her comments about Ron Calivarti are encouraging; Phil Carey's departure is not, though. Like her, I also wish "Danny" Gauthier would return. Best mature Kevin ever.

Interesting what she said about the recent Nora/Viki scenes having been re-written and improvised by both Hilary B. Smith and Slezak. Wish more vets would be encouraged to do that.

Her assessment that Frank Valentini cannot make Dena Higley write what he wants makes me wonder about Jill Farren Phelp's tenure as OLTL's EP. As I understand it, JFP made the writers pen exactly what she wanted, killing off fan favorites, writing out Cassie, bringing on the Rappaports who were all played by FOJ. Maybe EPs had more power back in the pre-Frons days.

I just hope TIIC do not punish ES for being gracious but honest. :unsure: I guess she felt she had nothing to lose, huh.

• Members

Frons isn't dealing with a problem and he's set up a system where he is the only one who can.

I supect Erika will be in trouble for this. Dena seems to have more power than she either deserves or has earned. You know I thought Ron C signing on was positive, and I thought Jack Smith being consultant was a good thing. However, the show the past few weeks , with the excption of a couple of bright days, has been very bad and a little sick.

First you have Cole and Starr in the sack together. They are 14 and 15. That's not a good message. Also the fact that they just disappeared for 24 hours unnoticed is weird. This entire storyline using Jamie as a prop is really bad. I repeat Jessica is not the character that should be destroyed in this story because she is a Buch and she is being destroyed. Using Blair -- although I loved Blair and Cris -- to prop Walker and Evangeline was ugh.

Anyway, I don't think the Hack is handing over the reins easily.

• Members

I thought she was very on point with the comments she made about Starr up at the ski cabin. I'm not a conservative or a parent, but those scenes had me cringing. She is just way too young for that and while I realize teens do have sex at 15 sometimes, that doesn't mean we need that happening on daytime TV.

Archived