The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what generally happens in message boards. It can be a busy message board, but people are either bored with it or no longer have interest in what the message board delivers. Like, if I went a message board that talked about CSI: Miami and I no longer watched it, then why would I feel the urgent need to discuss about a show that I no longer watch?

• Members

Yes i have, long long long before that.

I think it was early 02. Austin Peck was leaving days and a link from another MB led me to SON. I think i didnt post much if ever, i think actually at that point i didnt even reg. idk, i cant think back that far.

but i know i was posting on the MB for some time by the time JER first came back to day in the summer of 03 i think.

• Members

It's a cycle that many boards go through. Unfortunately there are a lot of issues that go into why things are the way they are. I know I don't spend as much time here as I used to. I've found a couple of "save havens" to post where I'm not attacked for my opinion or always having to referee a fight.

The "old" days of SON haven't been around since probably the summer of 05. There is no going back. For those of us who were a part of the "golden time" it was fun. It's sad to see how things of changed, but that's the climate of soap boards. Old members leave, new members come who don't either 1) grasp the concept of intelligent posting or 2) feel the need to beat everyone about the head with their opinions. It's not everyone, but the few bad apples who do it. There are some who ignore it, some who tolerate it and some who defend the integrity of the board. Unfortunately it usually progresses to the point where someone needs to step in.

I don't always practice what I preach. I lose my temper, I don't always handle things the way they should be handled, but I'm human. And given the amount of bullshit we have to deal with here at SON, I think we're ALL allowed to lose it every now and again.

Archived