GL: Kim Zimmer: New SOD Interview

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

juniorz, it's probably because I was FIRST shocked about people who drink their urine for some form of healness (I forget just what it's supposed to heal). I was shocked by that perhaps when I was 10 or 11, when a woman came on Sally Jesse Raphael or some other talk show and said she did that and recommended others to do it.

So my reaction to THIS is rather mild since the precedent for disgust, in my earlier mind, was drinking it.

also, remember, I was expecting to hear that she peed on Tom Pelphrey -- which, like the Jackby or Ashford/Benson scenes, would affect another person. What Kim does with her face -- however disgusting it may be -- is her business.

Plus, she doesn't do that anymore, right? That's what somebody said. So that's another reason why it's not so bad to think about.

NOW, if I saw some old GL clips I would just be MORTIFIED for the men she kissed -- I mean, essentially, they could be RECEIVING a woman's URINE on their lips! And THAT IS THE MOST UNFORGIVABLE, DISGUSTING THING IN DAYTIME!!!

Kim could have EXPOSED them to disease!!! :(

It's not very responsible when it involves another person.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I will just bet that most of you Kim haters have never met Kim. If you had spent any time with her, you wouldn't bash her like you do. How you can hate her when you don't know her. I have spent time with her on 5 occasions, and I have spoken with her on the phone twice. She is NOTHING like you say she is. She is sweet, kind and loving to her fans and fellow cast mates.

If she wants to put pee with moisturizers on her face, that is her business. BTW, you can take precautions in obtaining urine to make it pure. Just like you do in the doctor's office.

Come, don't make statements about an actor or actresses without KNOWING them.

Rosie

• Members

That's the bad thing about the internet. It's very easy to bad mouth real-life people because you are anonymous. I would be more impressed if people were willing to say this stuff to someone's face (but obviously they never would). It's one thing to hate a character and not like their story, but some people really seem to hate the actors personally. I have strong opinions about who I think can act and who I think has issues, but I don't have any personal feelings about them, except the ones I know.

• Members

Well, of course, most of us have never spoken to or met Kim. But frankly, when you overshare stuff about your life, up to and including any wacky beauty routine you followed, you kind of invite some criticism into your life. Coming (or rehashing--'cause I had no idea about the pee thing) right after the GL eppy that spent a good five minutes making KZ/port-a-pottie jokes, was kind of a "perfect storm" situation. WAY TMI.

But, otoh, KZ can certainly control how arrogant she sounds in the press. There's a difference between "frank" and "obnoxious". And contrast this with the Erica Slezak/OLTL thing that manages to nail her bosses to the wall. I don't even know ES, and she didn't come off as arrogant.

Archived