GL: Kim Zimmer: New SOD Interview

• Members

In the SOD newsletter, I got the gushy assurance that this interview was so brilliant, not a word of it could be cut. NEWSFLASH....the urine stuff could have been cut. There's a freakin' difference between "open" and "way too much information."

And her stuff about why she nom'ed herself again, when she said she wouldn't is still b.s. I'm sure the actors could have come up with someone to nominate in the lead actress category.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim was dead on! She said something along the lines of "Supporting Actress is a tough race and that it should not take guts to move up but material." Which is true!!! The leading ladies of GL are Zimmer, Chappell & Ehlers and the latter did not have the material. Kim is right she said that, but GL does deserve to be represented by the best who had the material!!

• Members

It's a LONG interview. About the Emmy, she basically said she has a big mouth and she says what she thinks at the time. Sometimes that gets her in trouble and she gets caught saying something that upon reflection, she really didn't mean, or hadn't really thought about, or meant it at the time but changed her mind later.

• Members

Maybe Zimmer's a fantastic person in real life, who knows, but she is really starting to get on my nerves with these interviews. She practically said that people pay attention to her when she talks and that she could care less if people have bad things to say about her..well, when she spews out crap like she has been lately, what does she expect?? The way she seeks attention is almost frustrating. Sure, a lot of people may talk about her but I think many have lost respect for her as well.

• Members

Sorry but for my money last year, GL's leading ladies were Zimmer, Chappell, and Tognoni. And I don't think any of the GL fans or the soap press/soap internet world would have had a problem with seeing Crystal Chappell & Gina Tognoni on GL's Lead Actress ballot. They have a right to be represented by the best is absolutely correct but again, she's spewing out false info. Tognoni easily had the material in 2006 to move up to lead.

• Members

Yes! Gina did...but it is the actor and in this case the actress choice. That is what Kim means I believe, they have the material, now step up and go with it! It was *most* likely Gina's choice to remain in supporting! So in that case then yes Kim should stepped forward! And we know for a FACT that Gina submitted herself as supporting!

• Members

Here's the thing though Josh: My point is, had Kim, ya know, stuck to her word, don't ya think Gina T would've moved up to lead- no questions? I seriously doubt she wanted to put herself head to head with Kim for a pre-nom, which is what she would have been doing had she gone lead. With Kim on the ballot, it was safer for her to stay in supporting.

• Members

They realize that Reva has been at the center of some of this show's most derided and absurd storylines, right? Amish Reva, Clone Reva, Princess Reva, Time Traveling Reva...I mean, these were NOT good stories and they were all created for Kim Zimmer and Reva. So yeah, I've never understood the leeway given her.

• Members

I laughed at that even! Good point, touche my friend touche!!!

Back to Gina...I don't know if she would have moved up because there is still Ehlers and whether we like it or believe it and no matter if she had the story she would still be considered lead! So I don't know if Gina would have moved up or not though...then again she might respect Zimmer and the other lead actresses to place herself there. She might think/say, "Crystal has been putting herself in Supporting for *At Least* four years now...who am I to move up. And also she might have felt she had a better chance at another Emmy nomination/win in supporting!!

And KZ should not have said what she did, but we've all gone back on our word at some point or another, she did have a leading story and she acted her butt off with the crap thrown to her!

Archived