GL: Kim Zimmer: New SOD Interview

• Members

Kim Zimmer is interviewed in the new SOD, she had a really honest and forthcoming from her facelift, her salary, and why she put herself into the Lead Actress race again after she wouldn't. Here are some excerpts:

Digest: Do you ever feel like you should censor yourself?

Zimmer: ( laughing) Yes. But I can't change who I am.

Digest: Sometimes when you speak out, it snowballs into something else, like when you refused totake the salary cut at GL. All of a sudden, eveyone'es talking about it-

Zimmer: And saying that I was responsible for people for being fired. I know.

Digest: In retrospect, do you regret not taking a pay cut?

No! God, no. First of all, most of the people who were supposedly let go because of me are back on the show and working more than they ever did before. So those are just scare tactics by people who can still afford to pay us all what we're worth. Who just for some reason think they can get away with it.

Digest: in your heart, do you believe anybody got fired because of you?

Zimmer: No. In fact, I had someone inside the loop tell me that there eight actors who were targeted to be fired before [notion] of pay uts ever came into play. Not fired, but taken off contract.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No! God, no. First of all, most of the people who were supposedly let go because of me are back on the show and working more than they ever did before.

UH...WHAT THE HELL? WHO, tell me, in the name of God, WHO Kim? Beth Chamberlain is the ONLY person I can name who has more work now than she had at the time TIIC threatened to fire KZ. Goddamnit, BLAKE has been in a coma for the past four-plus months! RICK has been reduced to Beth's mobile sperm donator. ALEX? MIA.

The woman should open her own nursery. At least she'd have somewhere to stockpile the sh*t that comes out of her mouth.

• Members

Um...It's not up to Kim Zimmer or any other actor to keep another employed. Kim should not have to take a pay cut, and neither should anyone else.

Obviously, Kim was given her salary because someone (TIIC) believed she was worth it. Now, they feel, possibly because she's older, that she is no longer worth her salary, she has to give some of it back? No way! No how!

Let them take a chance and write out Reva altogether and not scratch their heads like a bunch of dummies when their pinch hitter is nowhere to be found. I would rather they let Kim go than to ask her to take a pay cut.

If BC, LK and others are not onscreen, that has nothing to do with Kim. It's the lack of creativity on the writer's part. Had he remained with the show, would Tom Pelphrey be asked to take a cut? Don't think so! Only the vets are asked because they have decent salaries and no one wants to write for them.

ANDREA

• Members

Kim Zimmer b*tches when she doesn't have sole domination over the show and isn't shoved in every scenes. Tom Pelprehy gave Guiding light the shot in the arm it needed. If Queen Zimmer would've had her way, he wouldn't have been hired since she thinks she can do casting too.

She is holding this show hostage as far as I'm concerned. GL survived the last time she left.

• Members

If this is the case, write the character out. Don't ask the actress to take a cut in pay. And again, she is not responsible for the other actors not getting screentime. As for Tom, I liked the guy, but we all know, whether or not he was the shot in the arm the show needed, he would never be asked to take a cut.

Andrea

• Members

BALLS is right. And that interview sounds kinda obnoxious.

I think her friend Kim is doing all the tell-all there needs to be.

Why would Deidre wanna do that? If you know how she talks, you'll be able to read exactly how she feels about something during an interview, but she's a pro. She has spoken out, but she also knows the game (obviously, the lady knows the business). She's not stupid.

• Members

AMEN!

Kim earned her pay, and it is wrong to ask her to take a cut of it. If she objects to playing wallpaper or a prop to the next "big thing" on the show, she has every right. Why appear onscreen just to even out a room? Just because others will take a cut to keep the paycheck coming in does not mean Kim has to. It's not Kim's job to keep the show on the air or concern herself with the livlihood of the others!

BTW, I am not even a GL watcher, but I use to be, and I strongly object to the treatment of the veterans who put these shows on the map!

Give em hell, Kim!

• Members

Well, she chose loyalty to the show and genre that she loves and longed for when she was away from it. She took a paycut, like everyone else did. Shouldn't have to, but she did what she felt was necessary to keep the show on the air for the fans who've been loyal, same for the people who might've had to lose THEIR livelyhood for her to keep the paycheck she had.

Not her fault TPTB are arseholes.

• Members

Uhm...as I recall, the paycut was presented to the entire GL staff including the tech support people, who did it. NOW, are you telling me, KZ couldn't afford to work something out more than Prop Guy#2?

And regardless of who was fired, if they were truly fired only because KZ wouldn't agree to the cut, yadda yadda....I would DESPERATELY like to know who KZ considers to "be working more now, than they were" before this blew up. THAT, my friends, is complete and utter b.s.

Whether it's coming from the great and revered Kim Zimmer or not.

P.S. KZ didn't take the pay cut...I don't know why anyone thinks she did.

Archived