GL: Kim Zimmer: New SOD Interview

• Members

Kim is getting a lot of bashing again and she did then! She signed a contract that said this is what I will do and in return you will pay this much! How simple is that! Others could and should have said, "HELL NO" and took her lead! It was in the middle of a contract that they requested this...they have the right to terminate a contract but I do not think they have a right to cut the salary! PLUS she was more than happy to renegoitate a deal when her contract did expire which she did and she said she would take less than what she was making now if that was the case! Maybe EW or DK should have taken a pay cut!!

And in all fairness....Beth Chamberlain, Liz Kiefer (I believe) and Yvonna Wright were all gone on recurring prior to DK & EW arrival! Ellen Weston and Conboy hell done that!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go Kim. I totally agree with her. She has every right to be paid and negotiate her contract. She's not responsible for anyone but herself. Does anyone think Maurice Benard or Michael Easton or other overpaid actors are taking pay cuts to save other actors? Hell no. But Kim is a !@#$%^&*] because she stood up for herself? I love her!!

• Members

She's got every right to fulfill the terms of her contract, just as TIIC could have exercised their option and fired her.

What I want to know is WHO these people are..."most of the people who were supposedly let go because of me are back on the show and working more than they ever did before."....per HER quote.

And pointing out something she said makes no sense, is not bashing. Even in my most snotty tone.

Oh, btw...when did KZ have a face lift?

• Members

Kim Zimmer had a face lift circa 1999. She seemed to blame the fans because she read comments about how old she looked and it wouldn't be believeable to have Josh and Richard fighting over some old woman.

My issue with Kim is that she is like the Maurice Benard's and Michael Easton's whose presences dominate their shows when the genre is suppossed to be an ENSEMBLE. She's not above being called out on her diva attitude just as any other actor would and should be.

• Members

I am trying to think of who that is actually? Maybe she is referring to Beth Chamberlain but she was not a budget casuality of KZ's. Nor was Liz Keifer!

Jordan Clarke has sent got an Emmy. And BC has worked a lot to have been on recurring! And it could be behind the scenes!

• Members

Kim is ridiculous. She uses the media as a way to pimp herself. She knows if enough of her fanbase gets mad and threaten to quit watching, she will get what she wants.

Time to put her character out to pasture

• Members

Exactly.

Kim hasn't impressed me in years and I don't understand this feeling of entitlement she gets simply because her character has gobbled up screentime during her duration. But turns around and complains if the show is not Reva centric. Tom Pelprehy never would've had his powerful run if she had insisted on getting her way because she didn't like his acting style. Again, while he was on Guiding Light, she siphoned off his press and adulation. There's also the matter of how she bullies TPTB into changing story to suit her preferences. Your job is to act, not dictate story or casting. There is truth to her diva rep but I'm not at liberty to say of one such tantrum.

Archived