It's Rosie vs. Elizabeth....yet again

Ryan

• Members

Elizabeth asked a question but then kept blathering on about why Rory should answer the way she figured was right. Elizabeth wasn't giving her a chance to answer, just stating why she wanted to hear the answer she thought was correct. Rosie was absolutely right to cut in.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, the opinions that Rosie was making were based on the actual content of the documertary that was being discussed. She cited specific points of reference in the documentary and asked the filmmaker questions about the documentary for clarification on points she was unsure of and she felt needed clarification for the audience. IMO, Rosie was being a thoroughly articulate and appropriate moderator in this discussion. There was not the first thing loud about any of her statements. The only time she even got remotely loud was when Elizabeth kept rambling on (900 miles a minute) like she was on speed, answering her own questions (incorrectly, in many instances, according to the filmmaker). On the other hand, Elizabeth was loud and nearly incoherant. I could barely understand what the devil she was saying half the time because she was rambling on (I was wondering if she was ever going to pause to take a breath) and would not shut up! She kept trying to dominate the converstation, take the focus away from the filmmaker who was the guest (who Rosie kept trying to keep the focus on by asking her questions and allowing her to answer). The only person who looked like an obnoxious ass in this clip was Elizabeth, not Rosie.

• Members

I totally agree. I'm mostly moderate when it comes to politics, but youre right here bellcurve. It's the people like Rosie that give liberals a bad name and cause people to write them off so easily. I may not agree with everything Rosie says, and that's fine. I dont agree with some of what both liberals and conservatives and anyone else says. My problem is that Rosie can sit there and tell Elizabeth basically to shut up while she herself goes on and on daily about her OWN opinions is ridiculous. You can certainly disagree with a person, but to cut them off because of it is rude and unprofessional and tells alot about what's wrong with this country's politics. No one is ever listening to each other, they're just get defensive and write the other person off while they are able to say whatever the hell they want.

• Members

Actually, she was going on about how they treat prisoners in Guantanamo Bay just dandily, when the film obviously shows that this isn't the case. They were in an interview portion of the show and are only supposed to be asking questions of their guest. Ms. Hasselbeck clearly was trying to discredit some of what was said in the film. How very WASPy of her. So unlike her too. :rolleyes:

Disagree. Rosie may have been expressing her opinions, but it was being done through pointed questions specifically faulting certain people in our government for this travesty. All of which is fact, not opinon.

And what a new low you are hitting. Nobody is saying either one of their opinions is right or wrong- remember, these are cold, hard facts we're dealing with here. It isn't as though they're talking abortion or the death penalty or social security......they're talking about things that have happened, that have been proven.

And the reason I BOLDED that line in your post- what exactly does personal preferance have to do with the torturing of POWs by American Soldiers? Are you saying that you prefer it that the Army be allowed to pose these people in sexually suggestive ways, etc.......? :o

• Members

Wow, that's hard to believe that was less than a decade ago or so. And look what happened to her.....she shot her mouth off about the NRA when Tom Selleck was on her show and it seems like she hasnt stopped since....sad.

Archived