Y&R: Sneak Peeks for Wks of 3/12 and 3/19

• Members

^^^ I really feel that too. Not that the women are all innocent, but at least Sharon was grieving the loss of her child when Brad got his hooks into her. Brad himself has no excuse.

As to which affair was more destructive, I think that remains to be seen. The fall out from Brad/Sharon hasn't come down yet. Like I said, Victoria is pregnant, so as far as I'm concerned that affair is going to be just as destructive. I don't think it's the number of times they had sex that matters. Betrayal is betrayal.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Not really IMO.

Sharon never intended to hurt Victoria, Brad is the one who did that.

The situation with Sharon/Nick/Phyllis is different in that Phyllis actively pursued Nick.

So in that regard, Phyllis & Brad are pretty much the same.

It does though.

Cause while both technically were betrayals, Brad/Sharon doin it once signals restraint (mainly on Sharon's behalf), while more than once (Nick/Phyllis) signals complete & utter disrespect.

• Members

But don't you honestly think all the emotional cheating that Brad/Sharon have been doing is as big a betrayal? I don't know, if I were in Victoria's shoes I think I'd feel every bit as screwed over as Sharon does. Emotions are just as important as sex, imo and it's been clear from the very start that Sharon has Brad's heart and she hasn't done all that much to discourage him. I sympathize with her a little because of Cassie though. I think she was vulnerable when Brad wormed his way into her affections. God how I hate that man. Sharon and Vikki are both too good for him.

I can't really buy the argument that Sharon didn't mean to hurt Vikki. She had just gone though it. She of all people should have known how much it hurt. But she wanted what she wanted and she went for it. I just can't figure out why she would pick Brad of all people!! :lol:

• Members
On Brad's behalf, definitely. Sharon, not so much.

Fair enough.

But unlike Sharon, Vicki knows Brad/Sharon were involved, she just doesn't know the depth of their involvement.

And yet she still chose to stay & work things out.

Which while valiant only really set her up for more heartache cause Brad is a DOG.

She has though.

It's him that chooses to treat her like a damsel in distress even though she's moved on with Jack.

Sharon's no innocent but she's been about 100% better to Vicki than Phyllis ever was to her (which if anything more than exhibits that she DID understand & learn from Nick/Phyllis).

Yeah. Pretty much.

She should & she did, but she didn't just set out to have Brad just cause she could.

Brad was the one who initiated & maintained (at least in the early stages) their relationship.

She was focused on fixin her marriage until Nick made it beyond clear that he couldn't cope with his grief (not with her at least).

Every time after NY (the car make out session notwithstanding) Sharon's had an opportunity for Brad, she's turned him down & advised him to fix things with Vicki.

Unlike Phyllis who aggressively pursued her affair (as much as Nick did) & passive aggressively manipulated Nick (via the baby) to keep him.

• Members

Yeah, I mean to the extent that this is a Sharon v. Phyllis thing I agree that what Phyllis did is worse hands down. I love Phyllis and I love Phick, but there is no defense. Phyllis was sleeping with the husband of a woman who lost her daughter. I don't know how any woman could do that to another. The way I assign blame in order (and I admit this is totally subjective and in the end wrong is wrong):

Brad- The absolute worst. A lying, gold digging, whore in the true sense of the word. Words cannot express my disdain for this man.

Phyllis- Slept with the husband of a woman who lost her daughter. Enough said

Nick- Cheated on his grieving wife, but I feel some sympathy because of his guilt over Cassie.

Sharon- Hurt Viiki when she knew how it felt, but again I feel sorry for her because Brad was there for her during her time of grief. Hey, if you can't get one Newman woman, go for one by marriage, right Bradski? :angry:

• Members

That remains to be seen. It's not going to be a cakewalk through a garden of roses when a pregnant Victoria finds out her sister-in-law screwed her husband. Doesn't matter if it's one time or 100 times. That one lapse in restraint is all it takes. Then she'll also think about when it happened and all the times the past year she's seen them together since. She defied her father, ignored her mother's advice and admonishments, dealt with a stepdaughter who wouldn't accept her (and publicly humiliated her) no matter how hard she tried.....and for what? This is going to be a mess. I don't want her to lose another baby, but damn, why did she have to be pregnant by this jerk? :angry: Now he'll have blood in not only the Abbott family, but the Newman family too.

• Members

I think Sharon is worse because she has reason to feel some loyalty to Victoria and to not betray her own family by screwing her SIL's hubby. Phyllis and Sharon were never friends or relatives which means that Phyllis didn't owe Sharon a damn thing. This also isn't the first time that Sharon screwed Victoria's man, Diego anyone?

I'm actually surprised and glad to see some Brad hate going on. I often get the impression from reading message boards that men aren't given the majority of the blame for ruining their own marriage, that gets heaped on the other woman who didn't make any vows to remain faithful to the betrayed wife. It is almost like men are given some kind of pass like, "oh they're men, they can't help but think with their penis" but women should be above being driven by attraction.

• Members

:huh:Wait...what???? But she cheated on Nick with Diego. She was MARRIED! She just kept throwing herself at him until he gave in. :lol: Diego gets with Victoria, and then Sharon decided she wanted him again because Victoria had him. Again, she was married at the time but just had to have what her sister-in-law had. Oh, it counts.

• Members
Only technically.

It wasn't really cheatin cause they were pursuin a seperation (again) at that point anyway.

Fair enough.

But she never chased him.

She was indeed jealous of Vicki/Diego, but she'd had him WAY before Vicki.

And there wouldn't even have been a Vicki/Diego if it wasn't for Sharon.

Not really. Cause she had it first (subsequent jealousy notwithstanding).

Vicki (unwittingly or not) was the one dinin on sloppy seconds that go-round.

Not really.

Cause Sharon/Diego only happened cause Sharon thought her marriage was over.

• Members

Well I guess according to your logic Phyllis and Nick were not really cheating, as he was just technically married having given up on his wife before getting it on with Phyllis. Or is only Sharinitwitheverymarriedman the only one entitled to an excuse. I'd like to know your take on her trying to suck Victor's tongue out of his head.

• Members

ITA! I've heard a million reasons why Sharon isn't really at fault for sleeping with a MARRIED Brad. IMO what Sharon did to Vicki was just as bad if not worse than what Phyllis did to her. Phyllis owed Sharon nothing because they weren't friends nor family but Phyllis was wrong to eat at that woman's table knowing she was sleeping with her husband. Sharon stood up for Vicki as her MATRON of honor (meaning she was married) and right before the wedding asked Brad NOT to marry Vicki. I don't remember Phyllis asking Nick to leave Sharon for her. She actually encouraged him to work on his marriage. And Sharon KNEW how it felt for her husband to carry on an affair and she did the same thing to Vicki. To go around calling Phyllis sluts and whores and a homewrecker all the while lusting after and finally sleeping with Brad makes Sharon numero uno on my hypocrite list.

• Members

Wait, what other married men? Brad's the only one.

Eh, no. Cause Nick/Phyllis started doin it long before Nick/Sharon's marriage was "over".

But as usual, anything to bash Sharon & canonize Saint Phyllis Of The Pure & Martyred. :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm not trying to canonize Phyllis; she's a self admitted !@#$%^&*] and I enjoy her for it.

As for Sharon she might not sleep with every man she comes in contact with but she does try to tempt them. I may be wrong, but wasn't Victor married to Nikki when Sharon tried to suck his lips right off of his face? She would have spread them faster than peanut butter if he hadn't told her to take her "goodies" elsewhere.

Archived