October 17-21, 2005

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was really boring week. Especially with John leering on Marlena through binoculars most of the time. Except these hardwrenching scenes with Shawn and Belle, which really moved their storyline forward, there was nothing why to tune in next day.

• Members

Maybe it's just me, but how does what happens on any specific day affect ratings pos/neg for that day (unless it's something heavily publicized)? Wouldn't they have to actually watch it in order to see it and not like it, consequently making the ratings higher anyway?! It would seem to me that the pos/neg ratings effect of an event would occur in the weeks after when people tune in to see a buzzed about storyline/performer or out because they don't like what's been going on up to that point.

• Members

Not exactly. DAYS got a 2.5 on Monday, where as on Tuesday tey got a 2.3. This could mean that some of the viewers who watched Monday, watched the first 5 mins of DAYS on Tuesday, saw who was on or whatnot and turned it off. Magazine Spoilers/Net Spoilers also make it possible to pick and choose the days to watch now a days.

• Members

Wow this sucks!!!

Well, I don't want to hear people complain when Days goes back to sci-fi crap again because people sure aren't watching it right now when it is traditional and good. Although I wouldn't be too worried since nothing really happened last week. November will be better when stories start to move (Carrie returning, the Alex reveal). I mean the last couple weeks little things have been happening (Shimi kiss, the Jack is dying reveal) that have kept the viewers tuned in but last week there was really no movement. November and the holdays are typically good ratings-wise so Days should be fine. Come February if their numbers are like or near these then get worried.

It should be noted they are only .1 behind Y&R in 18-34 and the way all the other numbers are (back and forth and the fact a soap can go from 7th in HH to 3 in one week lol) its not a huge deal. I just think its a shock since Days has been so good. Maybe they will get a small bump fron Trump (it was promoted in primetime during "The Apprentice") although I could see this week's numbers and maybe even next week's being the same or worse (The up trend IMO will start the week of the 40th and beyond). I would think Days would expect these numbers when nothing happens and would expect high numbers when something does happen (like in the last couple months where lots of things happened) so there should not be a shakeup-at least I hope not :( .

• Members

The same thing that happened to DOOL.

I've been hearing people singing the praises of this show and saying how awesome it's been lately -- but you wouldn't know that by ratings.

Ratings don't always equal quality.

Archived