Y&R: CANADIANS SPEAK THE TRUTH!

• Members

MASTER CLASS: THE BEST OF THE BEST

The divine Victoria Rowell (Dru, Y&R)

When daytime dynamo Victoria Rowell announced she was leaving Y&R this April to concentrate on her memoir, The Women Who Raised Me, and her various foster children charities — along reigniting her once-prolific film career — we wept on the inside.

To be honest, Y&R has not utilized, explored, or respected Rowell’s immense talents ever since Lynn Marie Latham took over the show.

Instead, they’ve chosen to give her overwrought, nonsensical material that has turned the once-fascinating Dru into a loud and obnoxious loose cannon.

While we certainly don’t blame the actress for leaving, we still can’t help but wonder why she’s still one of TV’s most underrated performers.

In addition, why was Rowell left off the pre-nom Emmy ballot this year — this diva should boast a handful of Emmys by now!

With Rowell gone, we really don’t have a reason to tune into Y&R anymore. There — we said it.

b020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gifb020.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is the damn truth!

To be fair, Smith didn't do that much with Dru either. Where was the Winters family under him? It's not all Latham's fault that Dru's been written that way.

Rowell does a damn good job for sure, and surely deserves an Emmy by now. However, I in no way consider her Y&R's leading lady or its best actress. I mean, look at Jess Walton, who many consider Y&R's best actress, she hasn't been used well in years and hasn't gotten an Emmy nod in years.

• Members

True. Poor Bryton because I really think he deserves better. He's quite capable. Kristoff St. John also got some excellent scenes in with Malcolm's return (although Shemar was pretty stiff <_< ). Also, Victoria Rowell had numerous excellent (and more subdued) performances with Malcolm's return. This is when I thought she was truly robbed. Even Khalil got to do a big story. So, overall I think Jack Smith gave the Winters better stuff to play.

• Members

We Canadians are more than just lumberjacks and Eskimos you know ;)

I agree with everything said. Latham has successfully ruined two of the strongest female characters to hit daytime in the last twenty years.

Latham can now be officially called a hack. Just add her to the pile... right on top of McTavish and under Guza's arm :lol:

Archived