B&B: OMG they're stunt-casting AGAIN

• Members

OMG, or to paraphrase: MON DIEU! - That girl playing Yvette, she was one of those bland woman on THE French soap opera serial.

Actually it must be one of THE most cheesy series in worldwide TV history. Beautiful people, beautiful landscapes, dreadful actors, dialogues which sound even stilted for French standards... A riot! Search Youtube for "Sous Le Soleil" and you should find some wonderful stuff.

OMG, or to paraphrase: MON DIEU! - That girl playing Yvette, she was one of those bland woman on THE French soap opera serial.

Actually it must be one of THE most cheesy series in worldwide TV history. Beautiful people, beautiful landscapes, dreadful actors, dialogues which sound even stilted for French standards... A riot! Search Youtube for "Sous Le Soleil" and you should find some wonderful stuff.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Absolutely shocked to see her on B&B...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, how sad is it that I know Sous le Soleil?!

Went to France. Watched this show. My parents might have well pissed the money for the flight ticket down the drain!

That soap was so painted-by-numbers. BUT! It had the best production values and they filmed outdoors all the time. No offense, but if somebody asked me to act in a soap set in the French Riviera -- and move there because THAT'S WHERE THEY WOULD BE FILMING, I'd be all over that like a fly on sh!t.

Um, which one was Yvette? There was an American chick, so it can't be her. And there was Laure, the saintly doctor/heroine. And there was the sinfully young ex-wife of Johnny Hallyday (France's answer to Elvis -- except he can't sing) who played the girl in relationships with good guys but who kept having affairs with bad boys/gypsies/any dude on a motorbike.

Wonder if they still do the show?

• Members

Oh my gosh. Cat, you're a "fan" as well - I always knew you had bad taste but this takes the cake... ;):P

Dunno. When I’d been in Italy last summer “Sous le Soleil” was on TV... But recently in Germany it wasn’t. “St. Tropez” who it was also called, could be cancelled, I don’t get the gist of IMDB’s data which is pretty inconsistent. I’ve never seen much of series because it was too painful for my taste.

That chick who now played Yvette on B&B (last seen on Wednesday...) is American according to IMDB so she might have been one on “Sous le Soleil” as well. The only one I remember well is Laure who was such a gifted doctor, such a great friend and such a fabulous human being. I always wondered why she couldn’t walk on the Mediterranean? LOL!

• Members

Pardon me?! Moi, bad taste? :lol:

I watched it with my jaw on the ground. There was some seriously stilted acting going on. Not as bad as Hélène et les Garçons, though (look it up on youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about -- so cheap, the whole thing takes place on three sets: dorm room, gym, and the garage).

And :blink: you mean TF1 sold SLS to Italy and Germany? ::stunned::

Laure = the Christine Blair Williams of SLS.

And the show must be cancelled if "Yvette" is desperately scrambling for a walk-on part on B&B.

• Members

Well, they killed off one of their heroines pretty big - seriously scratching my head if it might have been Laure - but then she suddenly was back alive. (I remember seeing the back from dead intro and it was so cheesy. How the actors tried to emote and look surprised although most of them seemed too busy tanning under the Cote d'Azur sun... LMAO!) So maybe Tonya Kinzinger (that's her real-name apparently) was also just killed off temporarily... Could be that Prince Omar now has a thing for French vixens? :lol:

I'm sure "SLS" was also sold to Eastern Europe. All bad TV series get to air, too. It's probably a way to acquint them with democracy, the freedom to watch crap on TV.

I also think "SLS" even had spin-off shot on Tahiti or so!? T'was about some divers at "Saint Martin" and equally bad...

• Members

I mentioned that soap on The Foreign Soaps topic. And in the one which discussed possible changes on B&B.

It really has fabulous production, set and costume design.

P. S. Does anyone, by the way, know what's the difference between set dresser, set decorator and set designer? I have a somewhat vague idea.

Archived