Y&R: This Upsets Me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LML is nuts, if you surf the boards nobody likes HER Y&R (except a few, and most are ABC refugees...). Why couldn't she just bring Nina and her son back. If they couldn't get Tricia Cast back, that's fine, but they could have brought on her son. That would have made a good story for Jill. And then they could have brought back Arthur for Katherine. But ohhhh, that's right, Jill and Katherine must ALWAYS share the same stories. I miss the Jill/Mamie, Jill/Dina, Katherine/Rex days.

• Members

I don't necessarily want Michael to be Philip, but as far as age Michael is in the same age frame as Crickett & Nina so him being too old is not right. So that won't keep him from being Philip.

In fact LeBlanc & Bierdz (who played Philip as an adult) are close in age. And so are their characters.

Now I think it would be a mistake to make Michael the real Philip, but it would create some interesting working together of some actors.

• Members

When rumors were going around that Michael could possibly be Jill's son, I thought the same thing. Michael is too old to be Phillip. But after hearing Steve's point about Michael being in the same age bracket as Christine and Nina, that's not true. Christian, on the other hand, looks too old to be Jess Walton's son, but that never is a problem in the soap world, *cough* Cady McClain and Jacob Young *cough*.

• Members

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I jumped from ABC to CBS so I don't count? Get a grip! I like the show...PERIOD....I don't think it sucks and I don't think it's in trouble. Not right now at least. So call me nobody then because I like her version of Y&R, it got me to tune in and stay tuned in!

• Members

Oh and I like Michael as Gloria's son, I can't see him as Jill's son, but I still wonder why they made such a big deal or set up for a future s/l with the New Orleans stuff. I thought they would go with someone being brought in as Michael's father not his mother.

• Members

Young & Restless is in the toilet these days thanks to LML. She hack taken a hack to every character and continues to push forward stories that bore. Maybe when the show is on its last viewer, she'll get a hint. By then, it just might be too little too late.

• Members

People watch out of habit. It is no surprise to anyone that Y&R has a huge fan base of elder viewers. We all know how old people are. They don't like change. If they've been watching a show for 30+ years, they're not changing.

• Members

Familarity, I suppose. I've never found that quantity translates into quality. I think Y&R is coasting on its laurels because the show is unrecognizable in my opinion and a bore. So, I've made the decision to stop watching. I'm glad you are enjoying the show though. I'm just not that into it these days.

Archived