Y&R: This Upsets Me

• Members

All right, you took offense to that for no reason at all. It's a logical statement and makes absolutely perfect sense. I'm not saying EVERYONE that has watched over 30 years is "old." I'm saying that a large part of Y&R's viewers are the elderly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually I was laughing at your comment! I have no clue how to tell how old or elderly the viewers really are. I now have an image of the fan events with elderly women with walkers and scooters pushing in line to get to see actors before someone has a heart attack or stroke! Thanks for the laugh!

• Members

That's fair I guess but quantity in viewer numbers is much different from quality of the show from what you just said. If you have a quality show you tend to have more viewers who then become numbers. I rarely see any tv show that has high viewer counts without the quality of the show. Well, I guess that is subjective as well. I guess MTV has some high numbers with viewers but I'd never consider anything there a quality show. Too bad they don't have their own soap, now that would be interesting! A soap opera for the 12-29 crowd!

Sorry you've decided to stop watching, I hope you find another show to watch!

• Members

Ok, this IS offensive, what you wrote was that nobody likes LML "(except a few, and most are ABC refugees..)" I'm not a refugee and it doesn't earn you brownie points to dis those of us who left ABC soaps.

The comment about nobody is in reference to what you wrote...."nobody" likes her.....so call me nobody then because I do.

I know people are pissed because a few people were fired (I personally loved Davetta's Lilly!) or quit, but it's still the number 1 soap on. I stopped watching AMC because of the way they destroyed so many characters, I didn't just keep sticking with it and [!@#$%^&*]ing about it, I did something. If you don't like the show then vote the way it matters, turn off the show. But that's just my way and my opinion.

• Members

No Junior, my point was calling people refugees like we don't count. It's simple respect really. And I did try to watch the show many years ago but didn't catch on, it wasn't until this year that I tried again and fell in love with it. So I did see the show pre-LML...once upon a time.

• Members

Exactly! LML made a mistake by using Phillip's real DOB given the fact that he is supposed to have a GROWN son. Now Phillip III has been de-SORASed to 31, which doesn't match the Christine/Nina/Danny age group but now matches the Victoria/Nick/Sharon age group. LML needs to look at ALL the history of the show, not just bits and pieces. So what now, are we supposed to forget that Phillip IV never exsisted? She's a HACK I tell you. A straight HACK!! :angry:

Archived