AMC: Oh geez, this is just ridiculous

• Members

Saw this in the new SOD:

Q:Who came up with the name for AMC's Zarf?

A: "Writer Chip Hayes did," sighs Megan McTavish, "Now we're sort of regretting it, because of Zarf/Zach: we all go mad typing that. But then we have the Joe/Jack/Jamie/JR/Josh group too, and we go a little mad about that. But when I'm laying out a day and I'm trying to say Zach or Zarf and I keep getting them mixed up, I go, Chip how could you do this?"

Only a hack writer could get any characters mixed up :rolleyes::blink: :blink:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After reading your topic heading, I thought you were talking about today's show. :rolleyes: Just reading the summary of it made me queasy, so I think I'll just skip it altogether.

But speaking of your topic heading, I remember when they had Trevor, Travis and Trask - I think they were all on at the same time around 1990 (when the show was SO much better).

• Members

We don't need to grasp for anything in order to bash McTavish. This is just the cherry on the sundae. No real writer who knew her characters and plots would find themselves in that situation.

It's not a huge deal obviously and I've heard other writers admit to the same thing (surprisingly all hacks) but it's a stupid thing to admit to when everyone already questions your intelligence.

Archived