DAYS: More on Farah Fath's Exit

• Members

According to celebratingthesoaps.com, Farah had a change of heart and asked to stay, but TPTB said no.

I figured she would ultimately decide she did want to remain, she had a pretty good gig and it's tough for most soap actors to find steady work outside of daytime.

Okay, I hope this thread doesn't get closed because the mention of her name gets peoples' blood boiling...

But I have no sympathy for her. She was frontburner for a long time yet she chose to do nothing but complain and her acting got even worse than it originally was. I know she has a lot of fans, but Corday made the right choice. Didn't Kirsten Storms pull almost the same thing back before she left? If so, maybe he just got fed up with the attitude of some of these young actors and actresses. I know I would be. I understand that they have a right to be dissatisfied with crappy writing, but there's a classy and tactful way of showing your unhappiness.

If Mimi is recast (and it likely appears there will be a recast) I hope DAYS finds a strong, talented actress. Paging Robyn Richards!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I figured. She pretty much said as much in one of her posts on her board, didn't she? This redeems Corday a bit in my eyes. I have no clue why she was allowed to leave on her own accord rather than be fired YEARS ago, but at the very least he didn't let her change her mind and stay.

I sincerely hope that she finds another job and doesn't try to come back again. She's annoying and frankly I feel embarrassed if someone walks in the room while I'm watching Days and she's in the scene. Inevitably, she's emoting in a ridiculous fashion, making weird noises, or trying to cry without result. In my opinion Days gains a lot of credibility with her exit. With the talent we have access to right now, there is no reason at all that someone of Farah's caliber should have any airtime at all.

And maybe she'll learn from this. She needs to learn to keep her complaining to herself. I never cared for the character, but her blathering on about storylines when so many other actors/vets who had SO much more talent than her were shown the door made me pretty much despise her. She needs to get out of her insular world and realize that although SHE might think she's the best thing since sliced bread, she's sorely mistaken. She's a small fish in a big pond who happened to get incredibly lucky landing her first acting job.

• Members

Kirsten did try to come back, but they told her no way. I too am not one bit sorry for her. You should not ask to be let out, if you really want to stay (there is no doubt in my mind that she was going to change her tune). For the sake of this thread, I will keep other comments to my self.

If they still intend on re-casting, I would like them to find a "diamond in the rough". Someone that is extremely talented and make us really love to hate, or just love Mimi.

'nuff said.

• Members

If Mimi is recast, the right actress (one who can act) could do a lot with this character. I like the idea of Mimi, just have not enjoyed her as played by FF. Like many others have said in the past, she was okay when she was a supporting character but when they decided to front burner her and give her dramatic scenes--well, we all know how badly that worked out! She's young and cute and I'm sure she thought the world revolved around her, but maybe this will give her a dose of reality and she will realize she needs to do a lot of work if she wants to make it as an actress. But I definitely want her practicing her craft far, far, far away from DOOL!

I am anxious to see the recast. With the exception of Willow, I think the casting department has been doing a really great job the last couple years.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 27 2007, 02:18 PM)
Maybe she'll get lucky like Austin Peck, I NEVER thought he'd get another job, but unfortunately he did. I just hope they kill Mimi or get a killer recast so Farrah can never return.

How is Austin doing at ATWT Chris? Is he just as bad as he was at DAYS?

• Members

After he botched both screentests, I can assure you he is just as bad as on DAYS, lol. They immediately had him take his shirt off to distract us from his acting. He's 10 years too young and can't hold a candle to any of Katie's (or Carly's) leading men. The biggest problem is that Brad is a worthless character. Three people played him in the span of one year...thats clearly a failure. I really don't expect him to last unless they want to torture us.

• Members

For whatever the reason, GO CORDAY!! :lol:

She should've never been given the option in the first place. No one else was. There have been much better actors and actresses that left Days and were never given an option like that. I am glad Corday, like he did for KS, said no. Either find a new actress or get rid of Mimi entirely. I have a feeling they were going to recast or hope FF came back but now I think the character is leaving the canvas, I think they changed gears and decided to write Mimi out and that's why Corday really said no. He probably figured he could save a bit more money by cutting another character. Oh well, still happy :D

As for the idea of Lindell being a Mimi recast, HELL NO!!

Lindell should only return as Jan but I don't even want that. There is no place for her right now. Days missed the opportunity for the character and bringing her back right now might be a turnoff for some fans.

Archived