79th Academy Award Nominations

Roman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I"M a upset that "DreamGirls" got snubbed best film and a director nod. Total stupidity.

Emily Blunt should have been nominated in the supporting actress catergory but it won't matter the Fab. Jennifer Hudson has got this award.

a little shocked Brad Pitt wasn't nomiated for Babel-been hearing great things about this movie and will be watching it tomorrow evening.

Robert

• Members

I am shocked that Dreamgirls was shut out of Best Pic. This is the wierdest nomination list in quite some time. Volver, which was being talked about so much--was shut out of Best Foreign film category. There is only 1 acting nomination for The Departed--and it went to Mark Wahlberg?? I have a feeling Little Miss Sunshine or Babel is going to win the Best Picture this year.

• Members

i'm happy with the main nominations for the most part....I agree Dreamgirls should have gotten a best picture nod, but the academy loves Clint Eastwood...I don't really understand how Mark Walhberg got a nom over Brad Pitt or Jack N....

And in the technical awards...Click for makeup and Poisiden for Special Effects...........come on academy are these jokes??????????

• Members

I noticed that Listen was nominated for best original song, but I thought that song was disqualified because it had more than 3 writers, but I also noticed beyonce's name wasn't credited for the song, did she take her name off the credits just so it could be nominated????

• Members

I thought Leonardo would get in for Departed.

No Volver?

Helen Miren is probably the biggest Oscar lock, in Oscar history.

Meryl Streep takes her 14th Oscar Nomination.

Where is Jack Nicholson?

No DreamGirls for Best Picture? YES.

No Beyonce for Lead Actress? YES.

Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy Oscar Nominees? YES.

• Members

I think Jennifer Hudson is a lock for Supporting Actress.

Best Actor will come down to Whitaker and O'Toole, with Whitaker ultimately edging O'Toole. If they cancel each other out, Will Smith will win. There's NO way Leo will win for Blood Diamond. The Departed? Maybe. I'm thrilled that Ryan was nominated even though he has no chance of winning. He was one of those candidates who may not have gotten it because no one's seen the movie.

• Members

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "Best Achievement In Cinematography?" Is that just a consolation prize at the Oscars? LOL.

Because, although I'm not a movie whore, it surprises me that "The Black Dahlia" was nominated for ANYTHING. That movie was a complete bore and, quite frankly, not that impressive. Their LA didn't even LOOK like LA.

That said, surprised "Dreamgirls" was shut out of Best Picture and Best Directing. Hopefully, Jennifer Hudson will take it home and shove it in Simon's face.

Archived