Are you ready for a black President?

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its sad but 3 out of 4 of my grandparents despise black people. In some ways I feel sorry for them because its what they were taught from their parents, but then I think I am not like that and all 3 of them have told me to hate colored people. I can't stand 2 of them anyway, their close-minded views literally sicken me. I have cut them off recently, to me they are dead.

• Members

Wow...just...wow.

My mom says she doesn't hate white people, but she doesn't "trust" them, either. She grew up in the 50's, which, I can see what she means, but at the same time, I don't want to live under that mindset. I think that is just as closeminded, IMO.

• Members

I think Obama has a kind of charisma not seen since Clinton. He might just surprise us yet and actually get the nomination. I don't know about winning, especially if Guliani gets the Republican nod, but still I'd vote for him, he has a sense of hope about him.

• Members

Yes I am definitely ready to see a black president and so should America we are now in the 21st century let's make history and go with a female president and black president....a lot of critics are suggesting that a Clinton/Obama ticket would be unstoppable so that way we would have the first woman president and first African American vice president and then eight years after Hillary, Barack Obama can run for president and succeed and then he will have made history twice.

If he is the nominee in 2008, I will vote for him but I think we will see a woman president before a minority but you never know. I just want a Democrat as president in 2008 I am so fed up with the Republicans

Archived