Are you ready for a black President?

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

I was speaking to some colleagues the other day about the 2008 election, and the question came up, "Is America ready for a black president?". I say Yes. I say America has always been ready for a black President but no black man or woman has really gotten the chance to go far, then I think of Shirley Chisolm. She went and proved everyone wrong when she actually ran a sucessful campaign. I admire her for that. I think that Barack Obama could make a great President. I heard that is he wins, his VP will be John Edwards, and Vice Versa. The two are friends. I think that these two, either way can make a great team. Now back to my question. Are you ready? Some people have said that they would like to see Barack and Hillary, the double, the first black man and the first woman. I think I would like that even more than John Edwards. What do you think? My real question is if Barack got the Democratic Nom, would you vote for him?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right King. Middle America will not vote for him.

And is it just me, or has anyone else noticed Obama rhymes with Osama? I would think that alone would hurt him in the podunk areas, even if some of those people may be open to the idea of a black president.

I think Hilary running in '08 would be great. If she or Obama ran for President, I'd volunteer with the Dems to help either one of them get elected.

• Members

I agree with Drew. And I don't even think we're ready for a woman either. So, I fear the Dems are f*cked once again.

Since the only Dems we have who don't suck royal ASS are Hillary and Obama. (And maybe, Edwards, but he can't win. We're screwed!)

• Members

Is America ready? I don't know. Honestly, I've always thought that we'd have a Black Republican President before we'd have a Black Democrat President. If, say, Condi Rice or Colin Powell, were to run, they'd have a better chance than Obama. Or it would happen by line of succession. I feel the same way about a woman running.

But, who knows. In the end, skin color or gender probably won't even matter as much as what people think about the person running or runs a better campaign.

Ultimately, there's no way to guage what America will do when it really counts. Some say they will vote one way, but once they're at the polls can be whole different matter.

• Members

It's not just you. A lot of networks have had the same "confusion" (which I think is totally intentional, but that's another story). CNN has had major gaffes where they'd have Obama's picture and Osama's name or vice versa.

• Members

I actually think we would see a black president before we see a female president. At this point, I would vote for Obama because I like his views right now. But I want to see what his actions are in the next two years.

As for Hilary, well she has already run the White House for 8 years, what's another eight? I think she would kick ass! I would definetly vote for her. Anyone but Mitt Romney of Mass, the Republican. He sucks

Archived