OLTL: Monday, January 15th discussion

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I loved the hostage stuff. Spencer is one cunning man, that's for sure.

John and Natalie didn't even bother me much today.

I loved watching Jessica hurl the glasses at Nash, and then him waving the white flag at her.

Great to see Dorian, Clint, Viki, and others again.

Glad to see NM back as Michael.

Overall, it was a pretty good show.

Thoughts and comments?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in the middle of watching right now. Thrilled to see RealMichael back. Jolie is annoying. I'm so glad John is taking an interest in Marty. I hope to the soap gods that pairing comes off. At times Jolie does seem like a realistic couple, I'll give them that, but they still irritate me sometimes.

I'm loving the Jess/Nash stuff so far. I like Nash and Atonio as friends though. I hate to see that ruined.

• Members

I enjoyed Nash and Jessica today. Nash was very very funny.

Was that a chemstry test with Marty and Antonio? it was good to see Viki, Clint and Dorian. I'm looking forward to them getting a story. All-in-all it was enjoyable.

• Members

I think it might have been a chem test with Antonio and Marty. I think they would be ok. I'd like to see Marty with John and Antonio both a little more, so we can see which works best. But I wonder what they would do with Nat if they wnet with John/Marty. I wonder if Antonio/Nat would work? Have they ever been a couple before?

• Members

Have Natalie go after Cristian, so we can have Van and Nat at odds again. Just kidding, of course!

Anyway, Nash and Jessica ... love 'em! I haven't been so excited about a soap couple other than Todd and Blair in a long while. Really, it would be nice for OL to beef up its super couples just a little (since they always sabotage the potential ones like Dorian and David, Kevin and Kelly), and Nash/Jess would really be the only one besides T&B and possibly Michael and Marcie. I can't count John and Natalie.

The more we see Viki, Clint, Dorian, Nora, Lindsay, etc., the better this show will be.

• Members

I love Michael and Marcie. I hope TPTB have the sense to keep the together along time. I want Jess and Nash, but I hope it takes awhile and once they get together I'd rather they not get married anytime soon. Jess is in her mid 20's and this is her third marriage isn't it? It's hard to take marriage seriously when they are over in a few months. I'd rather see Jash date awhile like Cris and Evangeline. It's going to be interesting to see where T&B go from here. Somehow a quick reunion doesn't seem in the cards to me.

• Members

I want more Viki and Viki in her own storyline with a love interest, Clint. Especially if they are about to cancel OLTL. Frons spent the last 5 years screwing our show over now it will probably get canceled and we will miss all of it. I am so mad.

Viki should be getting storyline, Nora and Viki should be friends, bring back the newspapers and quit with the cop shop.

• Members

This is really jessica's second marriage. That stupid marriage to Tico was annulled but I still count it. She was married to Tico and now Antonio. Antonio and Jessica have never been a good couple.

Now I think Jess and Nash could be a great couple. I'm hoping very soon Bree will say to heck with the way the writers are shaping this integrated Jessica and take over the part herself like she did with Tess. She created a great character in Tess and I think she could do the same with integrated Jess.

This show really does need much better couples.

• Members

I don't agree with Slezak fans: Slezak doesn't have to have a SL of your own just now. My friggin goodness, she's been on the show since 1971 & has had a PLETHORA of SL over the years. She's not being waste; she's involved in the Todd/Blair saga & the Clint/Dorian/Viki story. Enough with the Slezak needs a SL of her own. Last time I checked she wasn't the only character on OLTL. :rolleyes: Characters should not move from one SL to another like on crappy B&B & ATWT. I love Viki & Slezak is a great actress, but I don't want her to be a dramatically exhausted like Reva S. Lewis on GL.

C. Chambers has officially won me over as Dr. Marty Saybrooke on 1/15/07. If we can't have S. Haskell, then we can settle for Chambers.

P. Satterfield continues to impress me.

Why the hell can't TPTB see that John McBain & his portrayer are horrible! They're way over-rated & not needed! Fire.him.now.!!!!! He's a show destroyer! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Archer is being dragged down & wasted with the McCrap SL. Are they trying to get Archer to quit? :blink:

Great direction from Larry Carpenter. He directed 3 eps in a row (1/15-16-17) He will no doubt be nominated for a 2008 DGA. :D

1/15: Solid B - (C. Culliton/ L. Carpenter)

1/16: Strong C :o (C. Culliton/ L. Carpenter)

1/17: Weak B - (L. Seidman/ L. Carpenter)

• Members

What storyline has Viki had in the last five years? None. She has been prop and wallpaper with no love interest and nothing but a babysitter for kids. That is not story, sorry but I disagree. And for those of us who didn't see the golden Viki era, I want Viki story now to enjoy. At least she is getting a little with Clint/Dorian/Viki but not much.

• Members

I just hope they have the sense to keep M&M married for the forseeable future. TPTB got it into their heads that married=Boring. And while that can be true, I think you need at least a few couples on every show that go the distance. At least for several years. Otherwise, marriage isn't much of a payoff for the viewer. Y&R kept Nick and Sharon married for 10 years and it worked. They ended it at just the right time, but during that 10 years having a long term solid couple worked. The ABC soaps just refuse to give us that payoff.

• Members

She's about one more health or DID storyline away from being on that level.

I'm not a fan, and I can pretty much care less about the character... but if Viki needs to be in a storyline, at least make it interesting. I would like to see something outside of a health issue, DID, or romance... real revenge on Dorian (I would like to see Viki's wicked side, without seeing the DID as an accuse for it) or something having to do with her career would be nice (and bring the newspaper back into focus), her investigating something and being a whisleblower would be interesting. I actually respect ES and Viki, more than KZ and Reva Lewis as she always have to be in a storyline... or she seems to threaten to leave.

Archived