January 1-5, 2007

R!ck

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R's big gain was most likely due to Kay's big reveal.

Glad to see Days holding up, and WTF is up with ATWT not falling? Last week had to be one of the worst weeks of that show. AMC's Satin Killer storyline or whatever looks like a big bust, and I can't complain becuase I don't see the improvement some here see.

• Members

DAMN!! Guess nobody wanted to find their Light! And to think this is the week after New Years when soap ratings get a nice spike and GL goes down.

But to be fair, wasn't this the day GL was pre-empted for the 10am/9am markets? That means Chicago & New York along with other cities pre-empted GL to the wee hours of the morning.

Sad that nobody (other than Y&R/B&B) managed to even hit a 3.0.

• Members

Here's what we have so far...

(compared to last year)

1. Y&R 4.5 (+.2/+.1)

2. B&B 3.2 (+.1/-.3)

3. DAYS 2.7 (SAME/-.1)

3. GH 2.7 (-.1/-.2)

5. ATWT 2.5 (SAME/-.4)

5) AMC 2.5 (SAME/-.1)

6. OLTL 2.4 (-.1/-.3)

8. GL 2.1 (-.1/-.3)

9. PSNS 1.7 (SAME/-.2)

Women 18-49

1. Y&R

2. DAYS 1.9/11 (+.1/same)

3. GH

4. PSNS 1.5/8 (+.3/+.1) <------ Ties Highest ranking Ever

4. B&B 1.5

4. AMC 1.5

4. OLTL 1.5

Women 18-34

1. PSNS 1.7/9 (+.4/+.2) <------ Ties Highest ranking since January 2005

1. DAYS 1.7/10 (+.2/-.3)

Women 18-49

NBC 1.7 (+.2)

ABC 1.6 (-.1)

CBS 1.5 (same)

Women 18-34

NBC 1.7 (+.4)

ABC 1.2 (-.1)

CBS 1.0 (same)

Women 25-54

ABC 2.0 (-.1)

CBS 1.8 (-.1)

NBC 1.7 (+.1)

• Members

Well, ATWT's numbers still suck. I am surprised they are tied with AMC for the #5 spot. When will they wake up and fire Jean P. as HW of ATWT?

Note to all soaps. Feature your LEGENDARY VETS...ie J. Cooper in a major storyline and get rewarded with higher ratings. Congrats to Y&R for the rise in ratings. They deserve it just for featuring the great J. Cooper in a major storyline. :)

• Members

How GREAT to see Y&R rise two points with Katherine's story on the frontburner! This is Y&R's greatest couple, maybe the best rivalry in soap history and they need to be featured! I hope they keep showing them and I want things to get more hateful for the two.

• Members

I love the fact that both DAYs and Passions are doing well in the demos in the midst of the Passions cancellation rumors.I hope both shows go up even further for next week's ratings report.If this doesn't make NBC take notice of their soaps' potentials,then they are idiots.I'm starting to love the NBC soaps more than the other networks even though the ABC and CBS shows have their moments of brief greatness.I can't wait for DAYS to hit the 3's and Passions the 2's in the ratings.Come on you can do it NBC daytime.

• Members

Very happy about Days. Last week wasn't even that big of a week so I am glad they held on. Friday's show was the best and it got a 2.8 so hopefully Days can bring that number into this week. Even though it doesn't count, I like the fact that both NBC shows got good numbers on New Year's day. It shows people did watch and maybe they will keep watching.

The demos for NBC are solid. I hope NBC takes notice of that before making any decisions regarding Passions.

ATWT stunned me. They should've went down as last week was horrible. Happy to see some soaps doing well.

• Members

I'm ecstatic about Passions doing so well in the demos this week. I am trying to remain cautiously optimistic that the show can maintain these numbers and that NBC will take notice. Maybe NBC will reconsider any decision they may have made and the show will survive another season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived