OLTL: Utilizes Its History (Article)

• Members

If they are going to use history then shouldn't they make some attempt to get it correct? The only thing that I recognize from this story is the name Marty Sayebrooke.

1. Marty was never vengeful about the rape so why the heavy push to imply that now?

2. Everyone but Nora and Bo and maybe Viki thought Patrick dead when Marty left in 1998 so why not some surprise that he just died?

3. What happened to Marty's excellent relationships with Viki and Bo? They certainly were forgotten.

4. How is Cole older than Starr? That one isn't so easy to gloss over since Cole's dead older brother was supposed to be the donor for Starr and Starr's younger brother.

5. Why would Irish born and raised Patrick be playing football with Cole?

6. Then there is the classic WTF line from Blair about Marty lying about Todd raping her.

Then there are the greater WTF moments as to the entire stunt because that's exactly what it is. Marty and Patrick's child is a big deal. The fact that we don't see Marty with Cole until after roid rage and immediatly go into the rape discussion with the inappropriate smirk/grins was a huge failure. We should have had weeks of near misses with Marty and others in Llanview. We should have seen Mother/son relationship so that we GAS before we got to what should have been a huge reveal. Instead Marty and her relationship with her child comes off as some stupid plot device in a story designed to pimp Podd.

Finally there is the WTF moments when they make the rape sound like a drunken date gone bad rather than the intentional gang rape that it was.

What might have been an interesting story is nothing short of gross incompetence by TIIC.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a major turn off of the storyline to me... WTF was that mess? Blair acting like Marty lied? And then making her the enemy off of that? That was a mess, it had me pretty much FF any scene with them all together... and made me dislike Blair even more than before.

Archived