ATWT: Faith Snyder Spoiler

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure that Martha knows its just storyline purposes but thats what I meant when I said I was concerned about the little girl playing Faith. I just hope she doesnt think in her my mind "Did this show want to cast me as Faith becuase I am chubby." because honestly now that they are doing this storyline it really makes me wonder if they were going for a pudgy little girl.

• Members

This was a given for some time now... We haven't even seen the evolving of Luke coming out to Lily...in fact, I feel kind of cheated that after all that has happened, Lily and Luke barely talk, or they barely have anything written where both of them actually talk about it.

Now we are going to have Faith having bulimia? I can see this falling flat too; and or course you know who will be right in the middle of this story line as well; JADE

• Members

The thing that annoys me is that this whole storyline just feeds into women's obsession with weight in this country. Martha Bryne does not look fat!! I don't care if they're giving her scenes with poles like Jade, whenever I see Lily, I see a healthy, beautiful woman. So if Lily is fat, then so I am and so are 98% of women in this country. :rolleyes:

And any social storyline on this show is bound to fail. Just look at these examples:

1. Lucinda gets breast cancer. There's some godo stuff for a few weeks. Then eventually, the whole storyline disappears. Several months later, they finally give a scene where Lucinda says she's in remission. End of story.

2. Jen develops an addiction to crystal meth, and they put her in the looney bin. Again, story gets dropped.

3. Luke comes out to his parents. And after a few months, gets backburnered.

4. Emily jumps off a cliff, yet miraculously survives. And after 30 days in rehab, is fine and no longer suicidal. :rolleyes:

So the bottom line is, if you can't write it realistically, then don't bother having storylines that deal with social issues!

• Members

I saw this coming a million miles away. But if it's done correctly (Jean P. notwithstanding) this could be a killer storyline. I don't have kids, but I hear stories all the time about people younger than Faith who look in the mirror and wonder if they're fat.

Archived