ATWT: Faith Snyder Spoiler

• Members

From Soap Central Spoiler Page:

http://www.soapcentral.com/atwt/scoop.php

Faith starts to show signs of bulimia.

---------

Okay you know what? I honestly NEVER thought that the writers would actually do bulemia with Faith. I was thinking more along the lines of her being anorexic or something. But holy crap this is shocking and I wanted to know what others think. I think if they are doing bulimia that the little girl should be aged a little bit becuase the girl playing her is like what 11 years old? I mean seriously like whoa holy shocking to me. They are actually gonna have her purging?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it will be an interesting story, if they really follow through with it, but from everything I have read the main focus of this storyline is going to be Lily and her problems, so if anything what is going on with Faith will be secondary to that storyline, or maybe they will try to intertwine the storys, which would be very interesting to see for a change on this show.

• Members

What is with Adam pushing Gwen?! :angry: I really don't liek this character. He blows into town and begins to crucify everyone who has a problem with ho bag Jade. He gets a trick form her goodies and wants to push Gwen around?!

How is Jack going to allow carly to leave w/ Simon?

• Members

I guess I was just shocked at first. I have been talking to my mom about it(she works in a hosptial) and she says that kids her age are starting out young with Bulimia. See I think the storyline is a good one to be tackling becuase really kids that age are starting purge/make themselves throw up because they think they are fat. I was more concerned about the little girl that was playing her becuase of her age but my mom says that they have some big child laws out there and the show would have to be careful. She gave me an example by using the Dakota Fanning when she was on CSI and the crime was that her father raped her. Dakota was like very young like 8 years old.

• Members

For some reason this story just does not sit well with me. A bulimic 11 year old.... does this actually occur? They will have to do alot of development on why she develops this or the story will be a bust and irresponsible.

• Members

It seems like more and more younger girls are developing eating disorders.

When I worked at Target, I worked a lot in the Girls department, and I remember having to get rid of a bunch of clothing because the shirts said the word "Sexy" on the background. And these were shirts meant for 5-12 year-olds. :blink:

Personally, as interesting as this story might be, I don't understand why they're giving an 11-year-old her own storyline. Don't they have enough young characters on this show?

• Members

According to the article on Bulimia at Wikipedia, the at-risk group for Bulimia is from 10 to 25.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulimia

And considering that kids as young as 12 are having sex, it is not surprising that girls that age are bulimic. Plus, we live in the Internet age. It is so easy for a girl like Faith to go online and look for articles on how to loose weight which leads them to pro-bulimia sites. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Faith going online and doing that.

• Members

In our Middle School here last year in the 6th grade they had a huge problem with young girls doing the purge thing and taking diet pills. They started investigating based on the parents and found 20 girls taking diet pills or purging - some doing both. That age group is 11/12 year old. My son was in the 8th grade at the time and they sent lots of info out to parents about it. It was in the 7th and 8th grade too, but the bulk was among the 6th grade girls.

So this is a timely issue for me and for many others I am sure.

And yes as one other poster stated, girls are sexually active alot younger these days and they do worry about their weight earlier. Also girls mature quicker than boys so their appearnace issues come earlier too.

• Members

Unfortunately, younger kids have been getting these problems, especially if they have adults or older siblings with the same condition in their household. Creepy and sad.

I love this girl playing Faith. She annoys the heck out of my mother, but I think that's because she's doing a great job of playing a brat. LOL!

• Members

This whole storyline is CRAP!

The girl playing Faith is horrible. Lily's storyline is horrible.

I just wonder how Martha Byrne and the girl that plays Faith feel about their story? Are like "Okay, we may be playing stories about characters, but we're also ACTORS, human beings...playing characters...." You know??

If I were in their shoes, I'd think they were trying to tell me I'm fat or something. But maybe that's just me.

Archived