B&B: Jackie's storyline

• Members

I'm not liking this Jackie stuff. I don't think she should be judged on what she did to support her son, many moons ago. It's silly, especially giving Stephanie's recent story on her past. It's making Stephanie come off unbearable and making Nick look an ungrateful prick. He's a grown ass man now, who does that?

ETA: Well I'm watching now and finally they put the Nick hating his mother crap to rest.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jackie's I'm an ex-madame SL is unbelievably contrived. So soon after Stephanie's contrived SL, too?

Nick can never be redeemed (destroyed)

When Stephanie "pushed" Jackie, I didn't care about Jackie health (destroyed)

Nick & Taylor as a couple? After declaring her love for Thorne? Contrived!

B&B Conclusion:

1. Campyness rules!

2. Gimmicks are to die-for!

3. Repetitiveness is for new viewers to catch up!

4. Incest is about stronger family ties!

5. The beds in L.A. must always be kept warm!

• Members

Blame it on Brad Bell's 5-year-old-off-his-Ridilin-like attention span. Dude rushes every story. By this time Wednesday, Jackie's SL will be long over and we will have moved onto something new. Like Thorne & Taylor's insta-wedding and a SORASed Alexandria.

• Members

I agree the stories are rushed but they are still good (and much better than much stuff on daytime these days).

At least there always is a climax...

I disagree about Thorne/Taylor: This is the only really longterm developed story and I'm looking VERY MUCH forward to the things in store this week because the two of them start to bore me as couple...

Ally isn't soras-ed BTW.

• Members

I too feel that Nick and Jackie's storyline came out of left field. It was like Brad Bell felt that Wagner and Down deserved a story in the new year, so he threw this little thing together. It's also a way to make Ridge and Nick unrelated, which will in turn make Harry and Phoebe unreleated (if they go that route ;) )

• Members

I read spec that they were going to SORAS Ally.

IA, sheilaforever, that B&B has been an enjoyable ride, especially the last couple of weeks. Probably one of the few watchable shows! I have been glued to Stephanie's confrontation with her mother. As you know, I was never a Tayfan per se, but even I, the Brookie, have been forced to revise my opinion of Tay-Tay, because the writing this year which has given her flaws, imperfections relatability and soul. And the Taylor/Nick scenes recently have been unexpectedly good -- this T/T/N triangle could be very promising.

However! :lol: IMO Bradley Bell rushes each and every SL, often to the detriment of his show. In the case of Jackie, I'm glad it's not being stretched out because we got a kick-ass Friday to end the week, with public fist-throwing and embarrassment galore.

IMO, though, Taylor and Thorne were WAY too rushed. Bam! Darla dies. Bam! Taylor vows to help Thorne. Bam! Thorne falls for Taylor. Bam! Taylor cannot live with the guilt and confesses. Bam! the trial. Bam! Trial over, Thorne forgives. Gives new meaning to the word "whirlwind."

I liked T&T the first time around (back in the mid 1990s -- LOL, I know you didn't ;) ) so I was hoping for reference to that era. I was hoping for a little more time for Thorne to grieve for Darla because that would have made his falling for Taylor all the more "real" and touching, IMO. I would have hoped for more anger on the part of Thorne over Taylor's role in his wife's death -- and more angst as he wrestled with his feelings for the woman who inadvertently caused Darla's demise. Then we would have had the foundations for a REAL strong couple and a very good triangle. Because, right now, given Jack Wagner's star position on the show, unless TayNick self destructs before our eyes, all I can see is a Taylor/Nick endgame.

• Members

yeah, this storyline is just so random, but so far I'm enjoying it. Friday's episode was fab. It seems, though, that Bradley can't balance the show though. The minute one character gets a storyline (ie. Taylor or Jackie), other characters get sent to the backburner (ie. Brooke)...as in, we don't even see them!!

So I think we can all say that Bell has ADD and short-term memory loss. Otherwise, I have no explanation for the way that he writes these storylines.

• Members

The storyline is so very random and jarring in its delivery. It's ridiculous how judgmental Stephanie can be while she is no saint. She trapped Eric into marriage.

Furthermore, the big deal is? Granted, hooking is not the greatest profession, but women are turning their tricks into a commodity for fame & fortune. Superhead & the other ho's are writing tell all books.

Also, the show is very off balanced.

• Members

Brad Bell is the worst Headwriter in daytime, IMO. I'll take McTavish or JER over him, which may sound crazy, but it's true. At least with JER/McTavish you can see they actually have to think to come up with this [!@#$%^&*]. Brad Bell doesn't even seem to try!

Watching things like Jackie's story, the awful pacing and the constant repeats (Ridge/Brooke anyone?) the guy is beyond burnt out and doesn't have an original bone in his body. With the Stephanie thing you had a good half years worth of story crammed into one month. It should've been an emotional journey that changed her life forever, but pretty soon it will be "Ann who?"

Instead of wasting so much money on stunt casting, why not give the cast a much needed overhaul? They need new blood badly. A new Morgan/Sheila, more Clarke and comic relief characters, new love interests for Brooke, Ridge, Felicia, etc.

I wonder, is the key to early B&B's success Jack Smith? I know he was a writer for a long time. All I know is that Brad Bell needs badly for be fired COMPLETELY.

Archived