OLTL: Higley's creations all being fired+ rewrites= New HW?

• Members

It has just come out that Paul Satterfield is leaving OLTL. We all know he was Dena's baby. Also Kerry Butler, another newbie has been ditched. The Horrid Guy from Soapstar is gone and and another Soapstar was signed a contract? Maybe Bethann was the real Favorite of the higherups but Higley and Valentini wanted Ted to write alongside another Newbie, Vincent. With 2 of Dena's prized newbies leaving, + the return of David Vickers as the true Buchanan, the fact that Hugh Hughes isnt Paige's son, the possibility that Alex Neil is on her way out because Paige kills Spencer,Hilary B. Smiths 4 year contract, and the return of Cat Hickland, can this mean that Dena is gone, and say one Kay Alden or Jack Smith is setting up the canvas for when they take over?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeap, Higley being gone is a done deal ABC should announce her departure right after the first of year infact ABC will announce another HW's departure to (unless this one managed to get saved)

OLTL is re-writing so much right now it's the reason Tuc Watkins is returning(short term) and Paul Shatterfield is leaving so much story is being re-written now

Robert

• Members

Don't forget that Josh Casuabon was out too.

I don't know...but I think so. There are alot of writer rumours...but I heard one about one writer of ABC's contracts being up and it's not gonna be renewed. Dena's contract was up in October.

Either she's out, or Kay Alden and Jack Smith have slapped some since into her head.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Dena Higley's out the door. I'm glad. I don't think Paul Satterfield(Spencer) would be out if Dena Higley was staying, same goes for Spencer not being Asa's son, he would be if Dena Higley wasn't out. I hope Tobias Truvillion(Vincent) is the next Higley actor out the door, I do not want Vincent with Natalie. I hope Pamela Peyton-Wright(Addie), Dan Gauthier(Kevin) and the character of Kelly (preferably Gina Tognoni or Heather Tom) all return in 07, as well as Tina (preferably Andrea Evans or Karen Witter), Cassie (my first choice is Laura Koffman) & Joey (maybe Brian Gaskill (ex-Rafe, PC, ex-Bobby, AMC). Also I wish Michael Storm(Larry) would return and bring in someone to play Larry's son, Dan, maybe Brian Bloom (ex-Dusty, ATWT), Jay Pickett(ex-Frank, PC) or Christian Campbell(ex-Bobby, AMC).

If ONE LIFE is gonna make someone other than Hugh Paige's son, I hope it's Nash, since the only tie he has on the show, familywise is Bree. It would be utterly stupid to make Rex Paige & Spencer's son. If Alex Neil(Paige) is on her way out too, then why would ONE LIFE even bother going there anyhow. If Paige were to stay, partner her up with Larry.

• Members

I've been watching the past three weeks to prepare for Hilary B. Smith's return and was shocked to see Higley's newbies making their way out. No matter how bad the show was, I was going to watch for Nora, but it's nice to see they have real plans to help the show! I just want the announcement soon and to hear what the new headwriter has planned for us!

• Members

There are strong indications SOMETHING is different.

The TV Guide article announcing HBS's four year contract did nothing to disguise that even the actress thought she was out. I don't believe that contract was ordered by the same regime that has ignored her for the entire year, handing the big trial over to Evangeline.

Someone decided that Todd needed some semblance of revenge -- and that Spencer was out. This is another huge reversal, and doubt Higley was the one behind THAT idea.

But it doesn't mean the entire regime is out. I don't see Frons firing his henchmen, and Stuart Damon out at GH and Julia Barr/Vincent I at AMC tells me Frons still has some power over these shows.

This may be the last grasps by Valentini and Higley to keep their jobs.

• Members

I too think it is a given that Higley is out. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard something this week or next week. *crosses fingers*

If it's either Kay Alden or Jack Smith, who do you think would do the better job? And remember, AMC might be getting a new HW ... same for GH ... Who would do the best job?

And is Burton Armus still being considered or has that dropped? It sounds like he might be a better fit for GH.

• Members

I don't know about Burton Armus, but I remember scanning over ABC SID while in the supermarket checkout about a month ago, and read something about Kay Alden being hired as a consultant for the ABC soaps. I could be wrong, but the way I took it, it was for all three soaps.

And I too am keeping my fingers crossed on Higley being out too. New year, new beginnings--that's my take on it.

• Members

Guza is taking a break and Jack Smith will be writing while Guza gets refreshed. Guza will still be listed. I think after Jack Smith finishes that he will permanently take over HW'ing OLTL. He turned down the HW spot at B&B for ABC, so you know ABC promised him something good.

• Members

Guza's contract is up with ABC this year I believe. When his contract is up, I think they'll promote Karen Harris to interim headwriter while they prep Kay or Jack to take his place. Then Karen will co-write the show w/ the new headwriter.

Just because Higley's creations are on their way out doesn't mean that she is, but there's very strong indications that she's done.

Kay Alden's influence is running heavy on AMC. It's the little things that people notice.

Archived