ALL: SOW email tidbits/scoops

• Members

Soap Opera Weekly E-Mail Tidbits/Scoops

Sneak Peeks — Issue of January 2, 2007

AMC

•Father Clarence gives Tad new hope.

•Jack and Erica wake up in each other's arms.

ATWT

•Holden to Lily: "Shall we dance?"

•Emily and Meg team up against Craig.

B&B

•Brooke and Ridge make a New Year's resolution to each other.

•With Taylor's help, Nick comes to a startling realization.

DAYS

•Clay Aiken serenades Kayla and Steve.

•Hope shares an emotional moment with Chelsea.

GH

•Ric informs Alexis he's suing her for custody of Molly.

•Michael orchestrates a midnight meeting between Sonny and Carly.

GL

•Olivia accepts Buzz's marriage proposal.

•Reva and Josh can't shake the memories of their past.

OLTL

•Bo shocks Rex.

•Viki and Dorian clash.

PASSIONS

•Let the games begin!

•Luis has a Fancy Christmas at the hospital.

Y&R

•Phyllis visits a stressed-out Lauren on New Year's Eve.

•Devon discovers something disturbing about Dru.

Revolving Door

INs

•AMC's Kate Collins (Janet) will be back starting Feb. 9.

•Roark Critchlow (ex-Mike, DAYS) will play Arthur on B&B beginning Jan. 19.

•Nelly Furtado will get "Promiscuous" at OLTL's Capricorn on Feb. 23.

•Kyle Lowder (ex-Brady, DAYS) is B&B's new Rick starting Jan. 25.

•AMC's Susan Pratt (Barbara; ex-Claire, GL) returns on Feb. 9.

•Actor Sebastian Roche joins GH as Mr. Craig.

•Noah Segan joins DAYS as Connor Lockhart on Jan. 8.

OUTs

•AMC's Julia Barr last aired Dec. 20.

•GH's Ingo Rademacher (Jax) headed off on vacation Dec. 21.

•DAYS' Shayna Rose last airs Jan. 18.

•DAYS' James Scott (EJ) is off from Dec. 28 to Jan. 18.

What Weekly editors are buzzing about...or not.

1. Getting enough DNA from a juice box straw for Emma's paternity test was a medical miracle only ALL MY CHILDREN's walking unabortion, Josh, could pull off.

2. GENERAL HOSPITAL's Ric is finally spending as much time confessing his sins as he does committing them.

3. BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL's Nick must have some lousy corporate lawyers if the Forresters were allowed to start a new company using the same name.

4. Why did YOUNG AND RESTLESS' Phyllis, who was close to labor and had health issues, go to the office...with an ice storm approaching?

5. And why in the world does B&B's Phoebe trust Shane?

6. Is it just us, or is there something...familiar about AS THE WORLD TURNS' Henry and Katie chasing after a big diamond...?

7. GUIDING LIGHT's Tammy is Jonathan's cousin and his adulteress. Can two wrongs make a right?

8. Good thing GH's Maxie was faking that pregnancy — all those sonograms she pretended to get probably would have left the kid deaf.

9. ATWT's Vienna cooks, too? Women of Oakdale, hold your men tight!

10. Note to soap singers: Since it's the holiday season, there actually is a fine reason to get musical on-screen. No "bah, humbug" here...happy holidays.

11. Who was that masked man by Paul's car window on ATWT? It seems Michael Myers got sick of HALLOWEEN and invaded Christmas!

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/7769488

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, when I read James Scott was out, I was thinking it was for good!

What's up with Days giving actors and actresses long periods of absence? I assume it's their way of saving money. They wrote Dee and Drake off for a over a month and a half straight in the summertime. It's been said that Jack's exit wasn't permanent and he'll be back this year sometime. Same with the exit of Renee Jones. And now James Scott is going to get three weeks or so off.

On one hand, it's a good idea... if it saves them money. It makes me nervous, though, that they're in such dire straits that they have to do it.

• Members

I don't think it saves them money by doing what they are did with EJ, J & M because all three of them are still on contract so they get contractually agreed upon, annual salaries, don't they? It's recurring people they pay on a as used basis, isn't it?

• Members

Yeah, but they've used James Scott quite a bit since hiring him on. Writing him off for three weeks is probably their way of making sure they don't use him for MORE than the amount agreed upon within the contract, thus making sure they don't spend any more money than they had planned on.

Back in the day, they probably could've gone over the contracted agreement without any real worry. Nowadays, they have to watch episode counts a little more closely.

• Members

There are a lot of casting changes happening to Days in January...

Patrick leaves on the 3rd...

Connor premieres on the 8th..

Phillip returns on the 12th (can't wait for this)

Stephanie last airs on the 18th. (i wonder if they are actually going to write her off, or will she just pop up from time to time on recurring)

Benji shows up to give Steve the tarot card....

Lexie and Tek last air towards the end of January...

And now EJ is off for 3 weeks, so I'm guessing we won't be seeing him when he's hiding out in Mexico...

• Members

You right Mike

Any contract actor who is off for a period of time still gets paid their guaranteed 3 days a week. That's what pisses me off about some of the soaps that do that!

If you have front burner actors (Dee/Drake/James) why not use them the 3 days they are already getting paid for instead of writing them off for a month. I know the main story/front burner characters are usually featured 4-5 days a week, but drop them to 3 and balance the damn show. I am sure there's a way to balance it out so that other stories are taking place during the 2 days a week the main story/character is not featured <_<

A nice story for the lovely Suzanne Rogers or Peggy McCay would be a great filler story for the 2 days the main characters are not on. Hell, they are getting paid anyway so why not use them?

Archived