DAYS: TV Guide spoilers for Jan 2nd, 3rd

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this is quite funny! Can the character of Billie get anymore pathetic though? I think this fits right in with her past behavior. She doesn't have a married man to turn to so you just decides to turn to the first guy that shows her some attention. Actually, I think Hogan understands Billie quite well.

• Members

Unbelievable. But would Nick's character just hop into bed with anybody? (And don't just say "he's a guy...duh!") He REALLY has it bad for Chelsea. If he's still a virgin, even after the frat and college life, I'd think he'd logically be saving himself for marriage or a committed relationship. Of course, because this is "Days" and not "Passions," it's not character destruction. :lol:

• Members

Your right ademption.

I forgot the "virgin" comment. Billie is in AA so she wouldn't drink so maybe it is all about the experience and Billie helping him. We will see. It definitely is interesting.

JSF...we don't know how this comes about if it does. Nick hasn't been around awhile and he is a wacky character so I don't think it will be character destruction. It's not like Passions where they destroy well-established characters on a daily basis. There is no comparison. We don't know what is happening or what Nick would do.

• Members

I LOVE this story development.

I've said forever now that Days pairings are too "safe." Too predictable. Even when Shawn and Belle were toddlers, we knew that one day, they would be SORAS-ed and paired. It was, like... a fact of life.

One thing that keeps a viewer on the edge of their seat is when something happens that's completely unexpected and out of left field -- be it a twist or shock that you never saw coming, or a surprising pairing that develops that you'd never really thought about.

I don't think that Nick and Billie will be paired as a couple. I think this will be more of a 'sex only' type thing, and it'll probably only happen once. But it's still unexpected... it's a shakeup from the usual predictability factor of Days couplings. And it's THIS kind of thing that I love, simply for the fact that you would never expect it. It keeps you on your toes, it keeps you guessing where a writer is going to go next. There's nothing worse than knowing a writer's work SO WELL that you can plot out where they're going to take a story 6+ months before it happens. I don't know if it's that Hogan's writing is really so original, or if it's just the fact that I don't know the way he operates well enough to predict his next move... either way, I'm LOVING it!

The most important thing, I think, in keeping a daytime audience is to keep them guessing. Above all else, you have to keep them wondering. Give them a reason to tune in tomorrow. Never let them know where you're going with a story before you get there. Give them a reason to have to tune in tomorrow... and it's surprising little things like these that do just that.

Keep up the awesome work, Hogan!

• Members

Do you really think it would be gross for a girl to date a guy her mother has slept with? Julie Williams didn't mind it! :P

Kimberly and Caroline have shared Victor.

Kate and Billie have shared Nicholas (although I don't think Kate ever went all the way, did she?).

Roman and Eric have shared Nicole.

Bo and Victor almost shared Carly (I don't think the Kiriakises consummated their marriage, though).

Justin and Uncle Victor shared Kristina and Anjelica.

Jennifer and Laura shared Jack.

You know what? Our beloved show is a little twisted. ;)

• Members

Keith, you're right. This reminds me of Mike Horton and Linda Anderson, too.

And remember a teenage Frankie Brady, who had been saving himself for marriage with Jennifer, who suddenly slept with that teacher, Paula Carson? I wonder what life would be like right now had Francois kept it in his pants. ?

• Members

Billie/Nick ... I have this inherent dislike for mothers' involvements with men interested in their daughters ... Addie, Laura, now Billie. I know Nick and Chelsea aren't together and Billie doesn't know Nick has a thing for Chelsea, but still ... just ... feel bad ... and not sure what it means for Billie's character, I never saw her going after such a younger guy (her daughter's age, even if legal) especially when it seems what she wants is a serious relationship. It doesn't gross me out but it makes me feel bad about Billie. She just keeps walking in to trouble. Wouldn'tve minded seeing her return to the bottle, if it's an old habit they want her to pick up.

I agree though that this shakes things up and makes you go "Hrmmm, what's gonna happen!" and that's a good thing. Interesting to see how it plays out, and definitely this shakes up the Days mentality of all pairings heading down the road to true love forever and ever.

Archived