Y&R: Eileen Davidson Speaks Out

• Members

Is this Lexie as of Lexie and Abe? I liked her whenever Days held my interest. Maybe Y&R should pick her up as an Olivia recast!

As for Ashley, why couldn't Y&R just have her character go to Victor and get his consent before impregnating herself. That single action ruined the character. Eileen should have dumped Y&R years ago because the writing has been on the wall for a long time.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm very sad about this because ED's return in late 90s, got me back to being a regular viewer -- except during the you-know-what storyline. Something tells me that ED firing may have to do with her salary. Let's face it, they resigned the fab Jess Walton this year -- I'm sure she wasn't cheap. (The show has a number of serious veterans, which is good.) However, it's just not sustainable. Unfortunately, someone had to go. Let's look at the list of vet characters played by veteran actors: Victor, Nikki, Jack, Neil, Dru, Kay, Jill, Brad, Phyllis, Michael, Paul, Nick, Sharon and Lauren (even though she's not on contract). The only character that could've been swapped with Ashley would be Brad. Frankly, I'd rather see Brad, Victoria and Colleen, than another Victor/Ashley/Nikki retread.

• Members

Ashley hadn't had a real good storyline in years. Even LML picked up where Alden and Smith left off and made Ashley sort of an afterthought rather than a complete character on the Y&R canvas. ED is a fine actress without question. It shall be anyone's gain to get her.

There is great speculation of course that ED is headed for DAYS. But her saying that she wants to spend more time with her children carries a lot of weight to it. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes her time to explore her options.

Archived