The View: Kelly Ripa Spanks ROSIE

Josh

• Members

Rosie makes me want to be a Conservative.

I REALLY hate her and this just only fueled the fire.

I like that Kelly told Rosie, "Not EVERYTHING is homophobic." BIG, FAT WORD!

Rosie should just stick to giving away cheapass gifts to fans on her blog. She's turned THE VIEW into her own little school playground.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I watched the entire show again on YouTube and Clay Aiken officially disgusts me. He is so into himself. Most of the audience were "Claymates" and he whined and pitched a fit bc his fans out there cheered louder for the guests that were being announced over him. He was like a puppeteer and the fans were his puppets as he actually used his hands to cue them to cheer for him louder or to give him more sympathetic "awwws".

Kelly was very respectful in the entire monologue, praising him for being so popular and being a great singer and he just eats up the spotlight. He told Kelly that he could tell she sucked at singing. He was just rude all around. If I were Kelly I would have totally been annoyed by his actions and entire personality - he was pompous and a complete diva. I've always been a fan of Clay Aiken's music - but as a person, he's just digusting.

• Members

^^Completely two different situations. First of all, Kelly always said that you don't do that to someone conducting an interview. Also, Clay and Kelly had never met before that day. Kelly and Regis are co-hosts and great friends....they have known each other for years. What she is doing is part of their monologue and was planned for laughs. Clay did it to Kelly during a professional interview - while being a GUEST on HER show where she is allowed to speak if she wants.

Totally different situations.

Plus Clay was being rude, disrespectful, and downright arrogant the entire show. This was just the icing on top of the cake. He seriously thinks he's God to his 'Claymates' - it was so obvious. So he was pouting bc she asked a question when he wanted to - and then shut her up during the interview on HER show. Totally different situations....context my friends!

• Members

Walters says Rosie, Ripa feud is over

(AP) NEW YORK - Barbara Walters said Wednesday all is now "well with the world" following a flare-up earlier this week between

Rosie O'Donnell and

Kelly Ripa on "The View."

Ripa called in to the ABC daytime talk show after co-host O'Donnell accused her of making a homophobic comment to

Clay Aiken, a guest host on "Live With Regis and Kelly."

Aiken covered Ripa's mouth with his hand during an interview on Friday's show. Ripa, 36, pushed his hand away.

"Oh, I'm in trouble," said the 27-year-old "American Idol" star, to which Ripa responded, "No, I just don't — I don't know where that hand's been, honey."

O'Donnell said Tuesday on "The View": "If that was a straight man, if that was a cute man, if that was a guy that she didn't question his sexuality, she would have said a different thing."

Ripa said O'Donnell misunderstood her remark.

"He's shaking hands with everybody in the audience. I mean, it's cold and flu season. That's what I meant," she said. "And to imply that it's anything homophobic is outrageous, Rosie, and you know better."

"I understand cold and flu season," O'Donnell replied. "I'm just saying from where I sit as a gay person in the world, I have to tell you, that's how it came off to me."

Aiken has been the target of speculation about his sexuality. Tabloid reports earlier this year suggested he had a gay affair. Aiken has never directly addressed the rumors.

Roger Widynowski, Aiken's spokesman at RCA Records, declined comment on the Ripa-O'Donnell flare-up when contacted by The Associated Press.

On Wednesday's "The View," Walters said, "Rosie O'Donnell is one of the kindest, most sensitive people I know. And so is our friend Kelly Ripa. And Rosie and Kelly talked yesterday after the show. Rosie and Clay Aiken have talked. And all is well with the world, and all is well with them."

Walters said her speech was unrehearsed and that O'Donnell was unaware she was going to say something.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061122/ap_en_..._o_donnell_ripa

• Members

The best was when Kelly said, "Nobody would do that to YOU, Rosie." Yeah, because Rosie uses intimidation and her big mouth too much. I am a gay man and think it's ridiculous to label every little argument as homophobic or heterosexist. People are people.

Archived