The View: Kelly Ripa Spanks ROSIE

Josh

• Members

I hate that you feel that way - I really do. I figured someone would say this since I'm an AMC fan and I'm heavily defending Kelly. But I've already said in this thread before that I don't care who it was - Kelly or not - I'd defend the person that Clay did that to.

And who cares if Kelly was on AMC? That has nothing to do with this.... :rolleyes: She's moved on from the show A LONG TIME AGO - and so have we.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That woman has always been like that. That Queen Of Nice stuff was nothing but BS. All she does is open her mouth, and then when someone calls her on her crap, she can't admit when she's wrong. I don't like KR at all, but I'm in her corner. Rosie is now trying to take over The View. She needs to just go back home and fade into oblivion.

• Members

I didn't even realize this thread was here. I have to weigh in! Check my avatar. My bias on this one is clear ;) but I do think I can offer a perspective that hasn't been posted yet.

For whoever said that Clay and Kelly had never met before that day, not true. He's been on the show many times. I know some are saying that Clay was gunning for her from the beginning but I don't think that's what the tape shows at all. The first twenty minutes of the show is also on YouTube. Check it out. They were both trading zingers through the first half of the show, but appeared to be all in fun. She yanked him, he yanked back, the audience was laughing and enjoying it all. Clay has an extreme and very real phobia to cats (stems from running over a kitten when he was a teenager) and he told the producers about it. At one point Kelly was literally rubbing a cat photo in his face while he was cowering away from her. That could also be considered over the line, but I saw it for what it was, an attempt at being funny on her part. And it was funny. (I mean, who's afraid of cats?) But it was also very physical and in his face. He had reason to think she was comfortable with that kind of humor. At one point in the first half, he turned to Gelman and said, "I'm allowed to make fun of her, right?" and Gelman smiled and said "yeah." My point is, the first half went very well.

When the interview segment with Emmitt and Cheryl came up, Kelly asked all the questions. She leaned sort of across Clay and didn't let him get a word in. At one point he said something like "let me know when it's my turn to speak" and everyone laughed but she kept asking questions. Then he did the hand on the mouth thing. Big mistake? Yeah. He screwed up. But he was laughing and obviously did it playfully. It wasn't intended to be disrespectful but it was also immediately clear Kelly didn't like it one bit. Clay backed off immediately and the rest of the show seemed to go fine. He even sent the show to commercial break twice when she was too caught up in Mario Lopez to catch the cues. By the end of the show, Kelly was laughing and hanging on Clay's shoulder. He gave an interview to The Insider while still on the set of Live saying what a good time he had and how good Kelly was at her job, etc.

Then came Monday. Kelly took a full five minutes on Monday's show to berate Clay for what he had done. How was that professional? Wouldn't it have been better for her to speak with him privately after the show? What point was served in humiliating him publically for what was an honest mistake on his part? That's the reason Rosie brought it up on The View the next day. She's not the one who made a mountain out of a molehill; Kelly did that all by herself. Rosie was responding to Kelly's weird impassionate rant about it. Do I think Rosie was right about Kelly being homophobic when she said "I don't know where that hand has been?" Probably not. But Kelly is absolutely 100% lying when she says she was upset because "you don't put your hands over someone's mouth" and that she was worried because she has children and it was cold and flu season.

How do I know she was lying? Well, she wasn't so worried about germs a few weeks before when Howie Mandel was guest-hosting. She teased him about being a germaphobe and when he showed her the device he uses to open doors with (so he doesn't have to put his hand on the doornob) she LICKED ALL OVER IT AND PUT IT IN HER MOUTH. There are also at least two occasions (with video proof) where she has put her hand over Regis' mouth when he was speaking, one time when she stuck four fingers of her hand into her mouth and then rubbed it over Regis' face, two other occasions where Regis put his hands over HER mouth when she was speaking, and one more where Simon Cowell put his hand over her mouth when he was guest hosting. I guess she wasn't worried about where his hand had been.

Bottom line for me, Clay screwed up. He apologized to her after the show (a VIP guest of the woman who got the makeover was standing there when he did it). His mistake was just that. A misstep -- non-malicious. The same can't be said for Kelly's rant the following Monday, which I found self-indulgent and unprofessional and aimed squarely at getting back at him.

• Members

All of this is very true. Which helps in making my point: Rosie's point of view on the subject wasn't as invalid as they were making it seem. Interesting that what's okay for Simon Cowell wasn't okay for Clay Aiken. I have to reiterate that I don't think Kelly Ripa has made this big to-do because he's gay. I don't. Not me, personally. But it's not hard for me to see how another objective person may look at it with another, opposing point of view.

• Members

I just wanted to post my feelings, first I loved Kelly as Hayley, and I have watched live with Regis for years and I thought Kelly was really good. Now there are times that she even walks a tight rope on trying to take over on Regis and for all to know I am a woman, and in the business world we are so fast called [!@#$%^&*]es that it isnt funny. But it is also true with Kelly trying to take over on Regis.. she walks a very thin line sometimes... with that said..

Here to making alot of people mad. Kelly is making too much money and it has went to her head, she probably thinks that Regis is old and when the time comes she will just take over.

I am saying that from really liking Kelly, sure she is past peppy. But thats ok. Now the reason I think her fame has went to her head, in the last 9 months Kelly just seems different. First lets look at that show .. When she had Emmit on the winner, she so didn't treat him like the winner, but Mario I swear she wet her pants from being around him.. just too gushy ...

But her choice of who she wanted to win. I myself enjoyed watching Emmit more then I did Mario.. but we arent discussing that.

I dont think the hand really touched her mouth, but if it did so what, yes Regis did it to her and she (KELLY) does her stuff , so what does it mean.

That Kelly can do what she wants because she is the Great Kelly.

But everyone else needs to follow in line, it her world ?

I really thought it was wrong with her coming back on Monday and it was closer to 6 minutes that she went on and one about .Clay.. by the way here I really am not a Clay fan..

But Kelly was just so unprofessional one would have to wonder if she just started on that show instead of 5 years ago.

Then Rosie comments..

Rosie is entitled to her VIEWS.. and Kelly open the door with making it a topic on her show. What did Kelly think that she could say her crap, and no one would pick it up.

Not likely, she just didnt think.

But to call into another talk show.. and talk on the phone that is RUDE.. ill say that again.. RUDE.

I am not on Kelly side with this. If there would of been a war I would take Rosies.. because Everyone has the right to voice or views or choices ..

And just because Kelly is on Live does not mean that she can have her choices and views and voice and no one else can.

Im just glad it stopped!!!!

• Members

Who the hell cares about Clay Aiken anymore?

Rosie blew this whole thing out of proportion. PERIOD.

And I agree with you Roman. It is *SO* obvious that Rosie is trying to take over The View. I've stopped watching as soon as she came on. Can't stand the woman. Her and her big mouth.

• Members

Sorry, I take issue with that last sentence. That is the LAST thing Ro should do. Heck, if she left, "The View"'s Nielsens would immediately drop down to the gutter. Let's face it, Ro SAVED that show. I disagree with her politics and her obnoxiousness but heck, I tape that show at least three times a week just because I love what she has to say and what shocking thing she'll do or say next. And she NEVER disappoints. Again, Ro saved the show. So, she can't go.

I disagree. Rosie has said on NUMEROUS occasions, onscreen, that she's not trying to take over "The View." She affectionately refers to Babs as "Mama Bear" and other pet names. Rosie's kept in check, but it's probably hard NOT to feel like she rules the roost since ABC remodeled that set to look more goofy with a similar color scheme to her old show, and let's not forget the daily giveaways now...the atmosphere is very much like the old Rosie show without John McD and the koosh balls.

All that said, am I the ONLY one who is ticked off at Rosie not for the stupid homophobia remark, but for the fact that she, who claims to be Aiken's friend, essentially said she believes he's UGLY on national television? That shocked me. I would never insinuate that a friend is not "cute." She shouldn't have said that.

• Members

I don't give one tinker's damn about Rosie or The View. I spend way too much time flying past it when I'm channel surfing. Like I said, and it's my opinion, that she should go somewhere, sit down, and STFU! If that show got cancelled TODAY, I would dance a damn jig.

And, I also remember the interviews from people who've worked with her, saying how much of a controlling woman she is behind the scenes. She tries to come off as Miss Goody-Goody in front of the cameras, and turns into a viper behind them. So what she's helping their ratings. Alot of people LOVE seeing a train wreck.

• Members

LOL, last night in his monologue, Jimmy Kimmel (who is a friend of Clay's) replayed Rosie's remarks about Clay and then said "Who ever said Clay wasn't straight? He certainly hasn't, Kelly didn't. The only one who said it was you, Rosie. Way to defend him you big moose."

I actually like Rosie, but I laughed my ass off at that one.

• Members

Then, she had something to say about why she didn''t think the producers should have put Kelly on the phone. She felt she was too upset to come on the show. She got mad because she couldn't control the situation, even after Barbara said it was a dead issue. Rosie just needs to think before she speaks. She would save herself alot of grief if she did just that.

Archived