The View: Kelly Ripa Spanks ROSIE

Josh

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was seriously the best thing I've seen in daytime in a very long time!!! It made me feel happy inside.

I am looking for the clip on youtube right now. I have to side with Kelly Ripa on this one, what Clay Aiken did was wrong on so many levels, first and foremost you are a "GUEST" Host on that show and you have no right to "shut up" the host of the show like he did. I think Kelly was stunned that it happened and Clay knew it was wrong because he said,

"Oh no, I'm in trouble."

Plus it was right after he had already made a comment that Kelly should tell him when he could talk. Kelly was stunned and I think played it off with, "I don't know where that hand has been."

Rosie took that statement from Kelly as a homophobic one...which was not in the case, I'm a gay man and I would have said the same thing to man, woman, straight, bi, gay...it does not matter, you don't do something so disrespectful like that.

Kelly was called or called and basically tore into Rosie, "You know better." At one point I thought Rosie was going to cry. I mean not everything is about being gay or straight, it is sad that we live in that type of world, when a high profile star like that makes it into something it clearly was not. Rosie would not like it if one of her guest hosts covered her mouth, I don't care what she says.

Another funny thing about this is right before Kelly called, Joy was talking about the feud going on between Rosie and Kirstie Alley at the moment. Joy said that Rosie threw down first, which is so true. Why does Rosie think she has to speak up about everything, especially other women's weight...leave it alone!!!

• Members

Ok perezhilton.com has the clip!

I definitely think Rosie was out of line assuming that about Kelly...I am so glad that Kelly called in and set the record straight - and that guest co-host (don't know her name) was so on Kelly's side - well pretty much they all were.

IN that case, Rosie gave gay people a bad rep - assuming everything has to be about the 'gay' thing. That irritates me.

• Members

First and foremost, to my knowledge Clay has never admitted he is gay. Is that correct?? If so, Rosie was in the wrong to come and say that it was homophobic, because for something to be homophobic you first and foremost have to be a homo, or at least out as one. I don't think Clay has ever come out of the closet and admitted that. Since Kelly is one of the only talk show hosts never to address the subject, how can that by homophobic.

Furthermore, Clay knew in the moment what he had done was wrong, he said, "Was that a no-no?" and Kelly said that was a big "No-No." It was unprofessional and rude, can you imagine if a woman had done that to Regis, OMG!!!!

Rosie, tried to play it off that Clay is this innocent, hapless victim who just blew onto this scene a week ago. He's been in the business 3 years now, he knows how it works and he should just come sense tell him, you can't do that to ANYONE, especially when they have invited you to be on their show as a guest co-host. He went on there knowing the format and went on their to promote something of his, he should have been called on and Rosie thinks he's this little victim of big mean, evil Kelly...boo to you Rosie.

And OMG!! Elisabeth actually said something right, Clay did put himself in the limelight, he auditioned for Idol and he went there.

Rosie looked like she was ready to cry! Shari Shepard I think was the co-host name and she was awesome!! I say give her the chair!!!

Archived