"Lost" Star To Play Gambit In X-Men IV

Roman

• Members

From IMDB News Section:

'Lost' Star Up for X-Men Role?

Lost star Josh Holloway is being tipped to star in the next X-Men movie as fan favorite Gambit. Holloway, who plays Sawyer on the hit TV show, was set to star as Gambit in X-Men: The Last Stand but pulled out because of TV commitments. But it's reported the model/actor will star in the next installment, which will not feature many of the film's original stars, including Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Halle Berry. The film's producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells Moviehole, "Remember in Lost? There was a guy in there that was the perfect Gambit, the guy with the straight hair, good-looking, the bad boy… Sawyer. The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like Wolverine in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others. That's why we went to Nightcrawler on 2 because he looked different than everybody else and he had a great power. So yes, I think we would weave Gambit within our story, (but) it wouldn't be The Gambit Movie." Gambit possesses the ability to charge objects with energy, causing them to explode.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is cool. Just a fun little factoid and because I look for stuff like this when I watch a movie, in Xmen 2, the part where Mystique is looking up other mutants, if you look closely at the computer screen you can see the name "Remy LeBeau" which is Gambit's real name.

• Members

Magneto not beign around is fine, he wasn't always the ultimate enemy for the X-Men, but... no Wolverine? What? Same with Storm, though I would take a recast there :lol: Glad Gambit's finally showing up. Wonder if Nightcrawler will be back?

• Members

Nah. I definitely think it could work.

I love Wolverine, Jackman, Famke, and Jean, but now there is so much else to explore. They monopolize the story of the the first trilogy.

The franchise can do on and be amazing. Also, I hear Singer is set to direct two sequels, which is weird considering the backstage drama.

Archived