Days:Max/Mimi/Victor Spoiler

• Members

Got an email from Sharon. Farah Fath was apparently on the noon news in Lexington, KY. She is originally from there, I guess she's home for Thanksgiving or something.

Anyways they asked about Days and she said the following . . . (emailers words, may not be what was exactly said)

Victor kidnaps Max and Mimi because they know something about Philip and Victor is afraid the information will get out. They are held captive in a church basement and form a bond while there, even sharing a kiss.

This storyline apparently is to last for about 5 days.

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/3989.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So where is this supposed to be going? (If JER were writing it, they would be held captive in the church for at least a year.) With Farah leaving the show, it's just filler, but I suppose it gives Philip time to start healing so he will be ready to start his story in January. It will be fun to watch Mimi and Max on an adventure.

• Members

I had a feeling that Hogie was gonna write Victor Kiriakis correctly. It hasn't been done since the early 90s, when Sheri Anderson was still co-head. This sounds PHENOMENAL and it's Classic Victor Kiriakis. Hopefully, we'll eventually get some good Hope/Victor stuff. Hope used to HATE Victor, especially when they found out he was Bo's father & even moved in with him. I'd very much like to see that re-visited.

• Members

GO HOGAN!!!!! This is a AWESOME spoiler and the best part is that Victor does it!!!! And only five days???? That is GREAT due to the fact if JER were doing it this story would go on for six months.

Old Victor has returned!!!!!

And, under Hogan, I have started to like Mimi a little even, so that makes things even better.

• Members

I don't think that this storyline with Max and Mimi is filler. I think Hogie wants to elevate the status of Max on the show. IMHO the reason why HS wanted to start something with Mimi and Max was to provide character development for Max. He's said in past interviews that he likes the actor who plays Max a lot and the ultimate goal is Max/Abby. But he wants to take a slow approach in writing the Mabby romance (which I know you hate the thought of, DaysFanJean).

We the audience don't know that much about Max. Other than that brief fling with Chelsea and Stephanie, we don't know how he relates to other women or how he handles rejection from women. We got a good indication of how he relates to women in that scene where he was trying to break up with Stephanie. We found out that when confronted with conflict, Max tends to try to run away from the problem, rather than meeting it head on.

I think the conflict b/w Max and Abby finally starting a romance down the road will be Abby's family members trying to sway her not to get involved with Max. There was already a scene where Shawn warned Abby not to fall for Max b/c he was a womanizer. With Max/Mimi's crush/fling, Shawn is going to be even more urgent in resisting a Max and Abby coupling. In other words, I foresee the Max/Mimi relationship bringing external conflict to the Mabby pairing.....

• Members

I simply do not like Max at all. He could leave the show and it would suit me just fine. He brought the racing scene to Salem and he can take it out. I do NOT see what Hogan thinks he sees in this actor either. He is just cruel looking to me. I don't like him. Maybe in person he is quite different and maybe with different writing, he will be quite different, so I'll have to contain myself and wait and see.

And this may be a soap thing but I see no reason to bounce the relationship of one couple by trashing another character. It's disgusting. The way Shawn and Belle were trashing Mimi and Philip, ugh. I hate Shawn and Belle simply because they have no story except for the forced pimping by trashing the others. That is no romance or anything to care about.

• Members

Mimi deserved every bit of grief she got at the time for her actions, and she has to work her way back up again. Belle deserves to be angry at her, but we're not seeing this play out. Belle is only concerned about her daughter's welfare, and that is a step in the right direction to maturing her character. I don't really see any Shelle pimping on this show right now.

As for Max, I like him and I think Darin Brooks is a good-looking man. I can definitely see him as a leading character in the future. His character needs more depth. I'm looking forward to Mabby. It will be a refreshing change from all the tried-and-true couples, and we need some more focus on good-hearted characters, instead of all these liars, manipulators, and criminals.

• Members

DFJ, I have met Darrin and he couldn't have been any nicer. He was very gracious and kinda overwhelmed by all the fans that were at the event held in Nashville. After the event, which ended about 1 am, I saw quite a few ladies following him down 2nd Avenue as he walked out of the event. I wanted to follow, dude he is hot!

Archived