ATWT: Spencer Grammer's "Lucy" is Gone

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank the LAWD! Irna must have had something to do with this.

It's not that I have anything against Spencer, it's just that the less of that little crew of characters we have on the show, the better. I'm talking about the whole Craig/Paul/Lucy/Dusty/Meg crew. All of them can leave right now and I'll be more than happy. Notice I did not lump Emily and Barbara in with them. They are extremely talented vets (actress and character) and could be put in much better storylines.

• Members

ICAM! I never have liked the character even when Peyton List was playing her.

Spencer was an ok actress. I was impressed with her scenes with Jennifer Ferrin when Jennifer was insisting on going home from the hospital. But there was really nothing else to write home about.

I think the writer's just really messed the character up by making her a doctor. It wasn't believable at all. It was Saint Lucy this and Saint Lucy that. Lucy never had any faults that made her human, coupled with the fact that, Spencer Grammer, was often robotic when she first came on, so it was like watching a Lucy-bot.

• Members

Please ATWT, just put the character to rest for a while. It's unfortunate that they killed off Jennifer, who I liked in all of her incarnations. I've hated the two adult Lucys, would be elated if she died, and it would make for great story/motivation for Craig. Unfortunately, with the deaths of Hal and Jennifer, they can't do it. :(

• Members

Nothing against SG, but she was miscast, and I don't think she was right for the role. Someone seasoned would probably do better. Her wandering eyes and lifeless expression made it very distracting to watch her.

Best of luck to her thought. :)

• Members

Whoa! She got fired??? :o

I did like Spencer better than Peyton and I liked her storyline with Luke & Damien until they turned Damien into an obvious bad guy. After that, they started pimping the whole Dusty/Lucy pairing again and sorry, but any scene with Grayson McCouch at this point is FF material to me. The character is also poorly written. Very few soaps/actors can get away with such "perfect, flawless" characters and have them remain rootable. Unfortunately, ATWT isn't one of them with their Lucy Montgomery.

Archived